Megrahi, the innocent

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
This thread is not about the morality of letting him go free to die, but the original court material and the miscarriage of justice.

http://www.newstatesman.com/international-politics/2009/09/pilger-megrahi-justice

He was most likely framed...

"In 2007, the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission referred Megrahi's case for appeal. "The commission is of the view," said its chairman, Graham Forbes, "based upon our lengthy investigations, the new evidence we have found and other evidence which was not before the trial court, that the applicant may have suffered a miscarriage of justice."

What can be done about the unknowableness of truth on all topics given that governments lie, the free media is inept and tells people what they want to hear or what governments or other powers want people to hear, and the people of the world are idiots who believe whatever they want to believe and consume media that tells them what they want to hear?

What can be done about the unknowableness of truth on all topics given that governments lie, the free media is inept and tells people what they want to hear or what governments or other powers want people to hear, and the people of the world are idiots who believe whatever they want to believe and consume media that tells them what they want to hear?

Apply common sense, question everything...

He was a knowing sacrificial pawn of the Mohamar Gadaffi to lift sanctions.

He took one for the Mohamar........

Looks like there was an Iranian connection, but they went for Lybia for various reasons...

"intelligence services had reported "beyond doubt" that the Lockerbie bomb had been placed by a Palestinian group, contracted by Tehran, as a reprisal for the shooting down of an Iranian airliner by a US warship in Iranian territorial waters."

It was my impression that Syria was implicated rather than Iran, but that Libya was an easier 'target'. Governments and agencies may have been more concerned about appearing to have caught and punished the guilty than in actually doing so.

Mod Note
Since this thread is about whether justice was served in the conviction of Megrahi rather than the political implications or motivations for his release; I think this thread belongs in EM&J.

Last edited:
Mod Note
Since this thread is about whether justice was served in the conviction of Megrahi rather than the political implications or motivations for his release; I think this thread belongs in EM&J.

I know you're an eye doctor, but we're not all blind..
Not before this at least.

I know you're an eye doctor, but we're not all blind..
Not before this at least.
LOL. Isn't it traditional for the mods to speak (when speaking as mods) in giant red letters? It helps set such posts apart from the normal posts and lets everyone know that:
images

The Mod has spoken!

Sadly, we can't hurl lightening bolts like Zeus, but we can post in giant red letters! My apologies for any ocular injury my giant red letters may have inflicted. I'll try to be more reserved.

LOL. Isn't it traditional for the mods to speak (when speaking as mods) in giant red letters? It helps set such posts apart from the normal posts and lets everyone know that:
images

The Mod has spoken!

Sadly, we can't hurl lightening bolts like Zeus, but we can post in giant red letters! My apologies for any ocular injury my giant red letters may have inflicted. I'll try to be more reserved.
lol Nah, it's alright. My vision returned to normal within a couple of minutes :p

We all have impressions but justice should have been served . A complete inquiry by competent jurists is the only answer now .

Back