Medium

Lady

Banned
Banned
Have you ever wondered where psychic's such as Sylvia Brown and the guy from crossing over recieve their powers? Or why such people aren't studied more closely? Exspecially if their predictions are accurate. In the earlier 90's mediums dominated our televisions sets and some still remain. And not all are fakes, eitherway, have you ever wondered but never had the nerve or inclinge to explore such questions?

Originally posted by Lady
Have you ever wondered where psychic's such as Sylvia Brown and the guy from crossing over recieve their powers?

Conjurers and magicians have existed since time immemorial. Nothing they do requires a supernatural explanation.

Or why such people aren't studied more closely?

Perhaps because they have no real magic powers and are using simple sleight of hand and good psychological tricks.

Exspecially if their predictions are accurate.

They are never accurate beyond the limits of probability. Even a dead clock is accurate twice a day.

In the earlier 90's mediums dominated our televisions sets and some still remain. And not all are fakes,

Yet all who took the James Randi challenge failed miserably.

eitherway, have you ever wondered but never had the nerve or inclinge to explore such questions?

I've questioned them, yes. But I find it strange that the likes of Harry Houdini and James Randi (both pro magicians in their day) have thoroughly investigated the issue and found nothing but mundane explanations.

As P.T. Barnum put it; There's one born every day.

Lady, I have these magnetic bracelets that are guaranteed to cure many ailments. They are yours for a snip at $400 a pair. Lifetime gurantee and all that. They work best after being soaked in snakeoil. A bottle of which is only $500. Care to buy?

Thed,

** I don't believe all mediums are real but some are questionable. Mediums don't usually have magical powers within themselves but rather a contact with a outside force. Its not far fetched for individuals to contact the spiritual realm or vice versa. That realm is just as real as the physical whether we accept it our not. Our world revolves around this realm and it does dictate our religions, holidays,and sciences, basically our life,meanwhile, our quest for knowledge only brings us deeper into it. Do you deny this?

Lady, I have these magnetic bracelets that are guaranteed to cure many ailments. They are yours for a snip at $400 a pair. Lifetime gurantee and all that. They work best after being soaked in snakeoil. A bottle of which is only $500. Care to buy?
Lady

** You know I did buy some magnetic bracelets ($20) because it was suppose to increase blood flow.Sound reasonable (didn't work) Don't know about no snake oil.

Regarding Sylvia Brown, please visit www.randi.org and look for Sylvia's clock counting at 462 days (today). I saw Sylvia and Randi in Larry King's show and Sylvia promised to prove her abilities in front of the whole world - Randi took up the challenge.

If she is a fake, imagine we mere mortals....:D

I had a friend (I moved away) who was a medium. She believed in her heart that she channeled ancient spirits. Because I was close to her and taught her meditation, I knew that the information that came out of her under trance was useless but lots of benign stuff (like sunday horoscope). I recorded several sessions with specific quantitative questions but the answers were always vague and fuzzy.

Last edited:
kmguru,

Thanks for the website I look forward to observing the source of Sylvia's power. She is on Montel Williams alot, whyever, the people never ask the entity to identify it self. :confused:

I wished they showed those shows in Sweden...
Probably some of them are fake and some are real.

Originally posted by Lady
Thed,

** I don't believe all mediums are real but some are questionable.

All are questionable. To stop questioning is to open yourself to being conned.

Mediums don't usually have magical powers within themselves but rather a contact with a outside force. Its not far fetched for individuals to contact the spiritual realm or vice versa.

I beg to differ. I would say it is extremely far fetched to believe on a spirit world. The rest follows. Houdini spent a large portoin of his life trying to find a real spirtualist, each and every one was a con artist using standard conjuring tricks/sleight of hand. Things have not improved.

I am reminded of a trick of Randis'. He asked a class to submit their birthdates so an Astrologer could write a horoscope. A week later he distributed the horoscopes. The class agreed to horoscope was betwen accurate and very accurate. Turned out he gave the same horoscope to everyone.

Says a lot about how human's <b>want</b> to believe this stuff.

That realm is just as real as the physical whether we accept it our not. Our world revolves around this realm and it does dictate our religions, holidays,and sciences, basically our life,meanwhile, our quest for knowledge only brings us deeper into it. Do you deny this?

Absolutely and categorically in its entirety. There is no reliable evidence that anything like a spirit world exists. There is lots of evidence that con artists scam people, people are gullible and are willing believe anything. For example,

** You know I did buy some magnetic bracelets ($20) because it was suppose to increase blood flow.Sound reasonable (didn't work) Don't know about no snake oil.

See.

Have you ever wondered where psychic's such as Sylvia Brown and the guy from crossing over recieve their powers?

I used to. Now I understand that channels do not receive their powers from any outside source; but usually they gain the ability through very specific meditations; it is not something that they're born with. I personally do not pay much attention to Brown or Edwards, the most profound stuff comes from mediums like Barbara Marciniak, Lyssa Royal Holt, Daryl Anka, and Edgar Cayce; people who neither have TV shows or make milllions of dollars.

Or why such people aren't studied more closely?

Actually, this is one thing I have wondered, but as I said above, it's something anyone can do if they put their minds & hearts to it. I don't believe it's something a person is born with, and it doesn't physically change a person.

~Cory

Have any of you guys watched one of the latest South Park episodes, called "The Biggest Douche in the Universe"?

Best thing I've ever seen.

Lady, consider it a personal recommendation.

Back