Meditation Input

shoelessjoe20

Registered Member
Im a bit skeptical about this who parapsychology thing.
My main question is how do you meditate, and what are the key points to keep in mind when doing it, and what can you do while you meditate and what can you learn from it after you do it

Well, I'm sure if you go to your favorite search engine and type in "meditation" you'll find a lot more information on it than can be posted here.

Meditation means different things to different people. Some see it as the way to nirvana (inner peace - not the grunge group). Others simply use it as an exercise that helps them concentrate.

Here's a simple how-to primer:

1. Find a place that's quiet and generally free from distractions and make youself comfortable.

2. Lie down, or sit comfortably. More experienced meditators will sit in a lotus position, or half-lotus (legs crossed with ankles on top of knees). This is a mental exercise so what's important is that your body is comfortable.

3. Close your eyes and listen to your breathing. Try not to think of anything. It's difficult at first - especially in our hurry, hurry society. Breath in through your nose, and out through your mouth. At this point there are a number of breathing exercises you can try. I'd suggest just breathing in, holding it for a second and then exhaling. Try to completely fill and empty your lungs, but don't push so hard that you feel dizzy. Count ten long, deep breaths and then open your eyes.

Note that it is entirely possible to fall asleep while doing this.

You can learn any number of things from doing this. I think, most importantly, you will find it easier to focus your mind and you will have better concenration.

Back