Maybe some comprehend

Bishadi

Banned
Banned
What is Heat?

If we have 1000 atoms of Hydrogen and 500 atoms of oxygen and set a little spark to begin a reaction, what is the 'heat' of the exothermic release?

Let's see some physics behind what 'heat' is.

"heat" is a relative term. heat is generated by friction and certain chemical reactions.

i would say the heat in your question would be the energy left after you subtracted the binding energy and light energy from the total energy liberated.

What is Heat?

If we have 1000 atoms of Hydrogen and 500 atoms of oxygen and set a little spark to begin a reaction, what is the 'heat' of the exothermic release?

Let's see some physics behind what 'heat' is.

Pathetic. I already gave the numbers in that other thread where you were trolling - and you weren't even bright enough to realize it !!:bugeye:

"heat" is a relative term. heat is generated by friction and certain chemical reactions.
this can be observed

i would say the heat in your question would be the energy left after you subtracted the binding energy and light energy from the total energy liberated.

pretty much.....

but the 'force' .... the physical aspect of what 'it' is: can these vary in potential by the electromagnetic release?

the idea being asked is can the 'heat' of each chemical reaction be defined in wavelengths (nm), rather than as joules/eV...?

such that we 'can' take the 'temp' and convert the scale but are the actual wavelengths measured in chemical reactions such as the H and O combination?

What is Heat?

Heat is energy transferred from a hot body to a colder one.

The heat manifests itself as kinetic energy of the resulting water molecules.

the idea being asked is can the 'heat' of each chemical reaction be defined in wavelengths (nm), rather than as joules/eV...?

No. Heat is energy. Wavelength is length.

Hope this helps!

What is Heat?

Hi Bishadi. Unfortunately, I'm no physicist but I think heat is something we all take for granted. There is perhaps more to learn about how heat is generated.

We do know heat is EMR, and that heat is also friction.

On Foucault's wheel, heat is generated by magnetic friction. The motion of the conductor generates heat as it passes through the electromagnet. The eddy currents on the conductor create an opposing magnetic field. The kinetic energy of the wheel in motion generates heat. This heat is the result of a drag force. It is the friction between two magnetic fields.

A falling object will also generate heat. The terminal velocity of an object is the result of its opposing drag force. The increase in drag force increases the amount of heat generated. Kinetic energy is turned into heat.

If we know that heat is EMR, then perhaps, there is something we don't quite fully understand about kinetic energy. This could degenerate into a heavy philosophical discussion on Zeno's paradoxes, but it could be argued that kinetic energy is not a property of the object itself. In fact, it could be said that the kinetic energy is actually a property of the fluid which surrounds the object. I am of course referring to the aether.

I guess I'll have to sit down, and have a good think about how the above relates (if at all!!) with the chemical reaction of H and O.

Heat is energy transferred from a hot body to a colder one.
and in a big scope a solar flare could be the sun transfering energy

and to bottle up that 'heat' now we have something to work on

No. Heat is energy.
So let's bottle it up and work on the definition

it is a value, it has properties and it does affect mass

Wavelength is length.
and infrared is what.............?

what is friction, to molecule A and molecule B when they frict?

What is that thing (heat) coming from the rubbing?

basically a motion is 'generating' an x......(heat)...... what is that x?

can't say it is joules, nor temp, nor eV or calories.... they are scales but not the 'it'

we in pseudo, so rather than just open up wiki and copy an old definition, let's play with this a bit

my logic is on the idea that if mass is cold, at abolsute zero, for it to be 'warm' what is added to the mass to 'heat' it up?

Hi Bishadi. Unfortunately, I'm no physicist but I think heat is something we all take for granted. There is perhaps more to learn about how heat is generated.
i agree

We do know heat is EMR, and that heat is also friction.
first half is agreed, but friction tells us nothing as to what HEAT is.

On Foucault's wheel, heat is generated by magnetic friction. The motion of the conductor generates heat as it passes through the electromagnet. The eddy currents on the conductor create an opposing magnetic field. The kinetic energy of the wheel in motion generates heat. This heat is the result of a drag force. It is the friction between two magnetic fields.
i like your style here, as then the mass is not so much causing the 'heat' as much as the fields interacting

A falling object will also generate heat. The terminal velocity of an object is the result of its opposing drag force. The increase in drag force increases the amount of heat generated. .
Almost like 2 planet could hit each others and a huge amount of the stuff described as 'heat' comes from the impact....

Kinetic energy is turned into heat
ahh.... so that transformation is what needs defining....

you are spelling it out quite nicely

If we know that heat is EMR, then perhaps, there is something we don't quite fully understand about kinetic energy. This could degenerate into a heavy philosophical discussion on Zeno's paradoxes, but it could be argued that kinetic energy is not a property of the object itself. In fact, it could be said that the kinetic energy is actually a property of the fluid which surrounds the object. I am of course referring to the aether.

as much as it may seem philosophical we talking about an 'x' defined as heat which is naturally in existence that is not perfectly defined

this is a scientific requisite, not a philosophical debate

I guess I'll have to sit down, and have a good think about how the above relates (if at all!!) with the chemical reaction of H and O.

no H and O can combine without a catalyst or infux of energy to enable the reaction.

as well, when that 'spark' begins the reaction, the H2 and O2 combining, releases, light, kinetic energy and 'heat' upon the environment

what is 'it' and where did 'it' come from?

What a bunch of silly, foolish people (especially the OP) - trying to discuss something when they don't even have a clue as to what they are talking about!:bugeye:

IR radiation - or any other waveband for that matter - is NOT heat! And neither is friction - that's plain stupid. EM radiation is just another form of energy and certainly isn't heat. Friction is nothing more than the physical resistance interaction between two materials in which one is moving - or attempting to move - across (or whatever) another. It most certainly can produce heat but is NOT heat in itself.

Simply and succinctly put, heat is the vibratory motion of molecules - and yes, even individual atoms and the moving components of plasma.

You people don't need to go back to college or even high school - you need to return to the lowest elementary school level - and PAY ATTENTION this time!!!!

Such displays of gross ignorance should be punished by a rap across the knuckles with a fast-swung ten-pound hammer.:bugeye:

What a bunch of silly, foolish people (especially the OP) - trying to discuss something when they don't even have a clue as to what they are talking about!
r u the almighty salami of the world?

IR radiation - or any other waveband for that matter - is NOT heat!
infrared is what?

And neither is friction - that's plain stupid. EM radiation is just another form of energy and certainly isn't heat.
the sun is just throwing magic stuff at us.

Friction is nothing more than the physical resistance interaction between two materials in which one is moving - or attempting to move - across (or whatever) another. It most certainly can produce heat but is NOT heat in itself.
most sense you ever wrote, that i can remember

Simply and succinctly put, heat is the vibratory motion of molecules -
at what 'wavelength' are they vibrating at? (resonance)

You people don't need to go back to college or even high school - you need to return to the lowest elementary school level - and PAY ATTENTION this time!!!!
is this something we should write down, oh mighty salami?

Such displays of gross ignorance should be punished by a rap across the knuckles with a fast-swung ten-pound hammer.

are you getting mad to find out how little you really know?

you remind of who socrates was talking about

"virtue was the most valuable of all possessions; the ideal life was spent in search of the Good. Truth lies beneath the shadows of existence, and that it is the job of the philosopher to show the rest how little they really know."

it seems you a part of 'the rest'

Back