Master and slave unacceptable

sargentlard

Save the whales motherfucker
Valued Senior Member
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/master.term.reut/index.html

Yeah i know this belongs in Nerd Culture but it is too hillarious to go there.

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Los Angeles officials have asked that manufacturers, suppliers and contractors stop using the terms "master" and "slave" on computer equipment, saying such terms are unacceptable and offensive.

Based on the cultural diversity and sensitivity of Los Angeles County, this is not an acceptable identification label," Joe Sandoval, division manager of purchasing and contract services, said in a memo sent to County vendors.

...yes..and ummm..videogames kill and um....cellphones cause cancer and stuff.......down with Computer labels....

I guess those labels just aren' t PC enough (bad pun intended)

Political correctness run amok. It would be hilarious if so many people did not think it should run our lives.

I hate the movement to make everything politically correct. Fuck. Shit. Master. I will say what I want. :mad:

Originally posted by spookz
primary/secondary
The problem is, 'primary' and 'secondary' are already used to denote something else in drive relationships. I could have, for example, a primary slave drive and a secondary slave drive. I would hate to have to call my CD-ROM 'my "primary secondary drive."

Originally posted by CounslerCoffee
They're changing it to Primary and Secondary? Bullcrap. This isn't needed.

No, but they are asking the industry to stop using "master/Slave"

That's my point, S. Everyone wants to forget the "past" so they abolish the present for the sake of the future.

No present = No future.

This is more of an issue with the responsibility of society that with an industry.

Think?

master_slave.gif

From now on all the whitepapers about IDE technology will be blackbooked...

What next to upset the pc-inquisitors, dual head action videocards ?

"Motherboard" should also be offlimits, it sounds as something that lays their in submission with all slots exposed, getting plugged and abused by everyone... No, Backplane is better...

Last edited:
Back