Mary Magdalene knew Jesus...

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
...so why is her gospel not in the NT? Paul never knew Jesus, yet his writings dominate the NT. What's wrong with this picture?

Well, we can be sure that the Gospel of Mary Magdalene is not feminist. I do think that it sort of prophetic though.
<blockquote>
2) Then Mary stood up, greeted them all, and said to her brethren, Do not weep and do not grieve nor be irresolute, for His grace will be entirely with you and will protect you.
3) But rather, let us praise His greatness, for He has prepared us and made us into Men.
4) When Mary said this, she turned their hearts to the Good, and they began to discuss the words of the Savior.</blockquote>

ConsequentAtheist said:
What laughingly ignorant feminist garbage. Do you actually think that 'her gospel' was authored by Mary Magdalene?
----------
M*W: I really don't know who authored it. For all I know, it could have been Paul, but I doubt that. Feminism has nothing to do with it nor is it laughable perhaps to only you who has a habit of laughing at everyone! It is the story of a very special woman who actually knew Jesus and whom I believe was married to him and they had children together. Go ahead and laugh, because you don't know the truth either, and it appears you really DON'T want to know what anyone else has to say. I'd trust her story before I'd trust any of the other gospel writers (all males--or maybe just one--Paul). Even so, I'm still not convinced until I do some more reading by the scholars who do the research. You know, CA, you must be a lonely old out-of-touch cynic. I feel for you. I may not always agree with okinrus, but he is by far superior thinking in his posts. All you do is blast everyone. What kind of loser does that? That's right, a loser. I bet you have no one in your life to talk to besides the internet forums. You sure seem lonely to me. Maybe you should spend more time getting out of that stuffy little apartment you live in and mingle. There is life out there. I am sorry for you that you have been emptied of it.

Medicine Woman said:
Feminism has nothing to do with it nor is it laughable perhaps to only you who has a habit of laughing at everyone!
Not everyone, M*W. You're special.

Medicine Woman said:
It is the story of a very special woman who actually knew Jesus and whom I believe was married to him and they had children together.
Did your aliens tell you that?

Medicine Woman said:
I'd trust her story before I'd trust any of the other gospel writers (all males--or maybe just one--Paul).
And you've clearly shown yourself to be a thoughtful and discriminating reader.

Medicine Woman said:
I feel for you. ...
I was about to say "Nice try" but, is fact, it was rather pathetic and predictable.

And what prophecy do you read into those verses, okinrus?
The final state of the feminist society is the patriarchal society with all the vices they once sought to remove, conveniently renamed of course.

I'd trust her story before I'd trust any of the other gospel writers (all males--or maybe just one--Paul). Even so, I'm still not convinced until I do some more reading by the scholars who do the research.
Read the <a href="http://www.gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm">actual text</a>. The truth is that you don't need anyone else to tell you.

Medicine Woman said:
whom I believe was married to him and they had children together.
Why?
What has given you cause to believe that?
Medicine Woman said:
I'd trust her story before I'd trust any of the other gospel writers
Why?
What makes them not worthy of trust?
What makes her (who, you said yourself, know next to nothing about) worthy of trust?

one_raven said:
Why?
What has given you cause to believe that?

Why?
What makes them not worthy of trust?
What makes her (who, you said yourself, know next to nothing about) worthy of trust?
----------
M*W: I have read so many books that I hate to list them again! Check-out the website rennes-le-chateau.com. It tells the whole story. Read anything/everything by Laurence Gardner. His books tell the whole story of Jesus, MM and the kids.

I said I would trust MM more than the male gospel writers because it was said that she was his most beloved disciple, and the others were jealous of her. Also, she was supposed to have been present at the crucifixion. The other's weren't nor did they live in Jesus' time. Everything that was told about Jesus came from Paul and his fall guys the gospel writers who never knew Jesus. I don't know as much as I'd like to about MM, but I continue learning. According to Gardner et al. Jesus didn't die on the cross. He, MM and the kids sailed to France with Joseph of Arimathea.

Medicine Woman said:
----------
I said I would trust MM more than the male gospel writers because it was said that she was his most beloved disciple, ...
Said by whom, according to whom? Furthermore, even if you were to presume such favoritism, why should that presumption bias you in favor of the 'Gospel of Mary' unless, of course, you have some evidence confirming this "most beloved disciple" as the author?

M*W: I have read so many books that I hate to list them again! Check-out the website rennes-le-chateau.com. It tells the whole story. Read anything/everything by Laurence Gardner. His books tell the whole story of Jesus, MM and the kids.
You are trusting Mr. Gardner a little more than you are trusting Mary Magdalene here. It's most likely that either Mary Magdalene traveled with John and the Virgin Mary, she became a hermit, or just remained where she was. Why must Mary Magdalene have kids with Jesus to be blessed women?

I said I would trust MM more than the male gospel writers because it was said that she was his most beloved disciple, and the others were jealous of her.
Jesus never seemed to play favorites. You are corrupting the phrase "the disciple whom Jesus loved" that refers to John.

Also, she was supposed to have been present at the crucifixion. The other's weren't nor did they live in Jesus' time. Everything that was told about Jesus came from Paul and his fall guys the gospel writers who never knew Jesus. I don't know as much as I'd like to about MM, but I continue learning. According to Gardner et al. Jesus didn't die on the cross. He, MM and the kids sailed to France with Joseph of Arimathea.
Well, going by this kind of hearsay, just about any claim about Jesus can be supported. Why is Gardner such an authoritative figure to you? He was present at the crucification either.

okinrus said:
You are trusting Mr. Gardner a little more than you are trusting Mary Magdalene here. It's most likely that either Mary Magdalene traveled with John and the Virgin Mary, she became a hermit, or just remained where she was. Why must Mary Magdalene have kids with Jesus to be blessed women?
----------
M*W: I have read more Gardner than Magdalene.
----------
Jesus never seemed to play favorites. You are corrupting the phrase "the disciple whom Jesus loved" that refers to John.
----------
M*W: What I have read puts MM into the top hierarchy of Jesus's confidants.
----------
Well, going by this kind of hearsay, just about any claim about Jesus can be supported. Why is Gardner such an authoritative figure to you? He was present at the crucification either.
-----------
M*W: He has done more research by far than I have. Firstly, I don't believe that Jesus died on the cross, but MM said he did. I don't believe in xianity, but MM does. I would tend to trust MM and LG long before I trusted MML&J. Their gospels just don't seem to be truthful. Secondly, I don't believe Jesus died for anyone's sins, but I'm tempted to believe what MM said. She should know. I give her credit for being with Jesus at his highs and lows.

He has done more research by far than I have.
You cannot know that without reading his reasearch, unless, of course, you've done no research.

Secondly, I don't believe Jesus died for anyone's sins, but I'm tempted to believe what MM said. She should know. I give her credit for being with Jesus at his highs and lows.
You believe that Jesus did not die for anyone's sins because you do not believe that sin exists. What did MM say? The Gospel of Mary Magdalene was not even written by Mary Magdalene, since it has a latter date than when Mary Magdalene lived.

okinrus said:
----------
M*W: I've read more by Gardner than MM. MM and JC having kids is not my personal theory. It's been well documented in books OTHER than Gardner's. I happen to believe they were married, because Rabbi's were expected to be married and have a family.
----------
----------
M*W: It is not I who is corrupting the phrase "the disciple whom Jesus loved." I'm well aware that was attributed to John. However, there have been other authors, and I cannot place them right now, who have said that the Gospel of John was actually written by MM. I have not researched this, however.
----------
----------
M*W: No Gardner was not present at the crucifixion. His research has let him to believe and document that Jesus wasn't crucified. However, MM is said to have been present at the crucifixion by your gospel writers. The apostles were jealous of her, because Jesus often kissed her on the mouth. I have read every book Gardner has published, and I agree with what he teaches. By the way, you weren't present at the crucifixion, but you still believe JC was crucified. What do you base this belief on? Hearsay?

Medicine Woman said:
The apostles were jealous of her, because Jesus often kissed her on the mouth. I have read every book Gardner has published, and I agree with what he teaches.
This just about says it all. :D

The apostles were jealous of her, because Jesus often kissed her on the mouth.
The Gospel of Mary Magdalene does not say where Mary kissed her. It seems to me that any writing that said that women are to become men would not be trustworthy, nor does it seem to be something you believe in. These contentions raises serious doubt over what is already a suspect book.

I have read every book Gardner has published, and I agree with what he teaches.
Beyond the fanciful tales of Mary Magdalene, what does he teach?

By the way, you weren't present at the crucifixion, but you still believe JC was crucified. What do you base this belief on? Hearsay?
You cannot trust any physical event without trusting the process of which you've obtained the fact. Therein lies the difficulty and what makes true faith in anything, for that matter, seem inconceivable. But the crucifixion is the physical manifestation of the spiritual crucification, and therefore, belief in the crucification is not bounded by the physical world and the natural order of events. Although we are not present at the crucifixion, Christ is able to present his sacrifice to us without being sacrificed again. That said, we go through our own little crucifixion. Jesus said, "Carry your cross" and Paul says that we have been burried to sin through baptism allowing faith to resurrect us. Our victory over sin is accepting his victory.

Jesus often kissed MM on the mouth..? or MM kissed Jesus on the mouth..? or MM kissed herself on the mouth..?!! or M*W is entertaining a new theory that the best way to know someone better is 'kissing on the mouth' (shortest route to heart2heart or brain2brain or whatever.)..????
Kiss.gif

everneo said:
Jesus often kissed MM on the mouth..? or MM kissed Jesus on the mouth..? or MM kissed herself on the mouth..?!! or M*W is entertaining a new theory that the best way to know someone better is 'kissing on the mouth' (shortest route to heart2heart or brain2brain or whatever.)..????
Kiss.gif
----------
M*W: everneo, you're just showing your ignorance. Haven't you read the part that Peter was jealous of MM because he thought Jesus loved her more than the rest? Oh.... I understand, that part has been removed from your bible because it just might be the truth!

Back