Man v. Beast

Do you...

• Total voters

Prince_James

Plutarch (Mickey's Dog)
Registered Senior Member
Once again, the princely demon is playing a game with you. Really, you -are- quite the unlucky one, aren't you?

You are faced with a choice: Two creatures are starving to death. One creature is a human who is addicted to several drugs, has a violent criminal record, is possibly sociopathically insane (and at least has some mental disorders), is homeless, and has no family or friends. On the other hand, you have a champion race horse, a beautiful, majestic beast who has won the triple crown of horse racing (a feat only three horses in the last hundred years have accomplished) and whose owner still races and breeds, wth a portion of both the winnings and earnings going to several worthy charities, which have secured millions of dollars because of such.

The demon makes it quiet clear that you have two choices: Either kill one and feed it to the other to save that one, or kill neither and let both starve. You must kill them and the only food source is eachother. Once again, the archangel assures that this is so and will enforce any violation of the contract.

What do you do? And why?

The poll is, as always, public.

One creature is a human who is addicted to several drugs, has a violent criminal record, is possibly sociopathically insane (and at least has some mental disorders), is homeless, and has no family or friends.

No one, no society, no group of people or animals, no planet, no galaxy, no universe has any need for such a person!

Baron Max

Redarmy11:

The princely demon and I are two different entities? But seriously. Thanks.

Oniw17:

Let's say no, he can't write.

Baron Max:

So you'd have no compucations with killing him?

I don't know of anyone who kills prisoners to feed the starving anything including starving children, so I guess we do what we do now, nothing.

If of course I had two not three choices ie kill one or the other, I would kill the human.
I like hroses more than I like worthless scumbags.

Baron Max: So you'd have no compucations with killing him?

I wouldn't even have to think for one single, solitary second. And I would have no regrets at all nor that stupid "mental anguish" that people proclaim.

If I could push a button right now and make all humans disappear from the Earth, I'd push it so fast that it'd make you head spin!! Humans have done nothing but cause turmoil, anguish, pain, devastation and destruction for the planet and everything else on it. Humans are a cancer on the Earth.

Baron Max

ToR! We both picked the same thing!!! I luV u!

I picked niether because then I wouldn't be interefering with the natural process of their lives, no point in that.

I picked niether because then I wouldn't be interefering with the natural process of their lives, no point in that.

So you'd never have a pet dog or cat? ...you'd have to "interfere" with their natural processes by feeding and wateriing it, wouldn't you? Your reasoning needs a like bit o' thought, okay?

Baron Max

Save the horse. The man could stand to be alot more impressive with me still choosing the horse.
I'm genuinely not a specist, the horse sounds like a better individual by a long margin so it's a no brainer.

What happens if you feed meat to a champion racehorse? Will it benefit the horse? Will it be able to win races afterwards, and make money for charity?

I see only two choices---- let the man live, or let them both starve.

Might as well let the man live. He has many undesireable qualities, but since 'influence of the greater good' is in question, his past does not guarantee uselessness in the future.

The horse is dead regardless.

That would justify racism, sexism, nationalism and blonde-hair-blue-eyes-ism.
You decided to draw the line at species, but that was an entirely arbitrary and subjective decision.

That would justify racism, sexism, nationalism and blonde-hair-blue-eyes-ism.
You decided to draw the line at species, but that was an entirely arbitrary and subjective decision.

You assume that the distinction between a man and a horse is the same as the distinction between members of different sexes or ethnicities. That's absurd.

Back