man murders 20 different people and gets 12 years

oiram

Registered Senior Member
Man admits murdering 20 different people and gets 12 years in prison for helping authorities

http://www.newsweek.com/id/172571

• Posted By: AST1016 @ 12/12/2008 11:52:26 AM
Did I read that right - a guy killed 20 people and is only getting 12 years because he is helping the government convict a crooked FBI agent that might have played a role in 1 to 3 murders? That’s insane but I guess taking down an FBI agent will boost their careers.

Only in the USA can this even be justified, just ask Sammy “the Bull” Gravano

Man admits murdering 20 different people and gets 12 years in prison for helping authorities.

Did I read that right - a guy killed 20 people and is only getting 12 years...

Remember, in the USA, one can't be convicted just on his admission of killing people ....it must be proven in court. So ...did he murder 20 people or just brag about doing it?

Baron Max

i think he will be in his 80s when he gets out and nabbing the cop, if true, is a big deal so he made a deal.

with luck he will die in prison though.

We still cut too many deals in this country. We act like putting them behind bars at all is good enough.

I just think it is wrong for the authorities or the DA to make deals with criminals (especially murderers) in order to prosecute another person. If the authorities do not have a good enough case than they need to work harder or wait until they have the goods before depending on other criminals to get their man.

I mean 12 years in prison with proof this guy killed 20 people is an insult to the victims of those murdered. I also think that it encourages more violence as criminals will kill and think if they roll over they can get away with a lighter sentence so they go full force until they are caught or they have the goods on another criminal as this has been proven so many times in the past.

I mean 12 years in prison with proof this guy killed 20 people is an insult to the victims ...

What proof? As far as I'm aware, we only have the man's confession ...which is not admissible in a murder trial. So ....what proof?

Baron Max

What proof? As far as I'm aware, we only have the man's confession ...which is not admissible in a murder trial. So ....what proof?

Baron Max

Well let’s say they find the bodies and they charge him, or even if they don’t it is still a shaft in my opinion that the authorities make such deals.

My argument is not whether the guy lies or if the court can prove he killed the people my issues is the fact the authorities make such deals.

I didn't read the article, but perhaps he did a favour for society killing those twenty people, and hence the twelve year sentence is an outrage.

How can we pass judgment without knowing more about the recipients of his deadly patronage?

Back