Man Jailed for Shooting Off His Testicles......

cosmictraveler

Be kind to yourself always.
Valued Senior Member
Tue Jul 13, 1:06 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - A British man who accidentally shot himself in the testicles after drinking 15 pints of beer was jailed for five years on Tuesday for possessing an illegal firearm, a court spokesman said.

David Walker, 28, was arguing with a friend at a pub in South Yorkshire, northern England, when he went home to get his sawed-off shotgun, which he jammed into his trousers.

But as he walked back to the pub, the gun went off, blasting pellets into his testicles. Doctors later removed what remained of his testicles during emergency surgery.

Walker admitted possessing a prohibited weapon at a hearing in June at the court in Sheffield.

:eek: Sticking a loaded weapon in your pants? It's probably a good thing he blew his testes off- that's just not too bright.

5 years seems kinda harsh to me.

His actions resulted in a win/win scenario for society if you ask me. First, his genes will no longer be a threat to the future (his gift to society) and second... HE BLEW HIS NUTS OFF for christs sake (his price for breaking the law).

I'd say he's already been fairly punished for his actions. 5 years of probation, maybe a few months in jail seems reasonable but 5 years in jail? He's already served his sentence in my opinion.

He broke like 3 laws so 5 years is quite good. There was possesstion of an illegal firearm, firing it in public and using it with intent to main or kill (just happened to the wrong person :eek: ). But he'll probably be out in 2 or 3 years, paperbag for his head included.

buffys said:
5 years seems kinda harsh to me.

Ah, but he owned a sawn off shotgun, so that makes it an illegal weapon in the UK.

Shotguns are licensed differently to firearms, and have to comply with barrel length guidelines to qualify on the Shotgun Certificate, which one must have in order to buy shotguns and ammunition. If you reduce the barrel length below 24" (and sawn off shotguns are a favourite or armed robbers, so this guy was probably a perp) it's automatically an illegal firearm, and possessing one is a mandatory five stretch now. This sentence was set recently in an attempt to deter the wannabe gangstas from packing heat.

So he's lucky he's not had a few more charges added and got a longer sentence.

Well... Seems to me that shooting one's testicles off would be enough of a punishment. Oh well. It will make for an interesting story for late nights with his cell-mate.

Back