Magic Tricks

ismu

::phenomenon::.
Registered Senior Member
How did David Copperfield fly? How did he walk pass thru Great Wall? How did he... (etc...) :confused:

Any guess? :rolleyes:

Far more important: How the hell did he manage to get his hands on Claudi Schiffer?!

Not by magic for sure, but by trick perhaps :D.
They're broke up now. So it doesn't matter anymore.

David's free flight / float is the most confusing trick. Is it visually trick, or techno trick (eq. magnetic levitation), or else? :confused:

By tech, I think, scientist suppose to able to make better trick than magician. :cool:

Last edited:
I go for the Magician. Maybe he is good in levitation, you never know. He is d**n good and nice to look at either...:)

Flying and walking through the Great Wall are easy ones.

Think about how <i>you</i> would do it, if you wanted to create either illusion. Your guess will probably be close to the mark.

*by Banshee*
I go for the Magician. Maybe he is good in levitation, you never know. He is d**n good and nice to look at either...
Yes. That the last chance if we can't explain any techno trick possible ;)

*by James R*
Flying and walking through the Great Wall are easy ones.

Easy? :bugeye: What is your idea how to do these James? Since we're not any magician member, we're free to reveal their secrets :)

*still by James R*
Think about how <i>you</i> would do it, if you wanted to create either illusion. Your guess will probably be close to the mark. [/B]

Hmmm... interestong, police/detective method.

Banshee

It seems I made mistake in my previous words.
Magician do magic stuffs.
Illusionist do tricks.

If David claim himself as magician, so he suppose to did magic. Otherwise, he suppose to did a trick.

So it was all illusion???:bugeye: Crap! Should David himself be an illusion too then? :p

How does he do the 'tricks' on television then? Where he shows you certain pictures, like the moon, the sun, stars and so on, till there are six pics to chose from. You have to pick one and remember it, later he'll tell you what it was you chose. And he is always right.

Makes you wonder...;) :)

*by Banshee* So it was all illusion???
Not all of those, I think. But I found lots of 'trick' I was wander is actually simple tricks. Try to google by keywords such as 'magic', 'trick', 'learn', 'revealed',... etc.

I've also saw by my own eyes some real traditional magic. Man burned alive and survive, Eat broken glasses, etc.

Btw, it is really wonderful what David did. No matter is it by magic eithr by illusion or trick. By magic, it's surely easy explanation. But if he did by trick, I'm confused how does he did. (???)

she did talk to me about it.............

Originally posted by Adam
Far more important: How the hell did he manage to get his hands on Claudi Schiffer?!

Adam,
I will talk to her and tell her not to do silly things like this one. This guy is magician and he might not even have that thingy and caludia was under illusion every time they did the thing:D . I guess she just realize that now.:p

Do you know why stage magicians don't reveal how they do things?

It's because once you know, all the mystery is gone. You just say: "Oh, of course. That's pretty easy, isn't it?" It takes all the fun out of the illusion.

Ask any honest stage magician and they will tell you that what they do is tricks. There's no special power involved. But they usually won't tell you how they did something.

Magic is a minor hobby of mine, so I hate to reveal how things are done. But take my word for it - magicians have no special powers.

*by James* Do you know why stage magicians don't reveal how they do things?
Yup. I've said in previous post. But non-magician MAY reveal magician tricks.

so James... You're magician hobyst. And you're won't reveal magic tricks... :(

A little bit clue perhaps...?

Ever hear of editing? You film a person walking up to a wall then stop then show them walking out of the wall. Editing is done quite allot today and that is how many , not all, of the tricks or illusions are performed.

these are tricks, obviously- to make a few bucks (or a lot of bucks..)

if u want to talk about real magic i suggest you do some research into the past.
many native tribes with natural magic, witches with spells, and mind readers have walked this earth and some still do. evil people still practice dark magic and voodoo.

this is the real magic.

but, i dont think its what u guys r talking about. what im talking about would actually fit in this forum better (psuedoscience)

Banshee said:
How does he do the 'tricks' on television then? Where he shows you certain pictures, like the moon, the sun, stars and so on, till there are six pics to chose from. You have to pick one and remember it, later he'll tell you what it was you chose. And he is always right.

Makes you wonder...;) :)

Simple misdirection and forcing. There was a website that had a card trick wherein you were to look at a set of 5 cards and pick one. Think of it very hard and remember it. Write it down even. Then, the program would remove all of the cards, then re-present them except for "your" card. It got it right EVERY SINGLE TIME. A computer! No matter which card you would think of, when they reshuffled and re -presented the cards, the one you chose and thought about was ALWAYS gone!

Edit: look here before reading any further, those of you who haven't already read further..... http://www.snopes2.com/humor/info/card1.htm

Amazing, huh? They way it would work was that, since you were focusing so hard on YOUR card, you failed to notice that in the first set of cards, there was: King of clubs, Queen of daimonds, 10 of hearts, 8 of spades and 7 of diamonds (or whatever combination) and that the cards that were re-presented were the same cards in numbers, but the suits were changed to one of the same color. (Diamonds became hearts and spades became clubs). Since you weren't really paying attention to the fact that ALL of the cards had changed, you only noticed that YOURS had gone away, and the others looked similar enough (red queen, black king, etc) that they didn't appear to have changed.

Last edited:
Choose a Number
Add 5
Double the result
Subtract 4
Divide the result by 2
Subtract the number you started with

The result ....drum roll please...is 3

kmguru said:
Choose a Number
Add 5
Double the result
Subtract 4
Divide the result by 2
Subtract the number you started with

The result ....drum roll please...is 3

Or, in mathematical terms:

[(x+5)*2-4]/2-x
= [2x+10-4]/2-x
= [2x+6]/2-x
= x+3-x
= 3

Markx said:
I will talk to her and tell her not to do silly things like this one. This guy is magician and he might not even have that thingy and caludia was under illusion every time they did the thing:D . I guess she just realize that now.:p
Actually, she has said that one of the things that kept them together so long is that he is "magic" in bed, and has a huge magic wand.

Back