Madonna to be Excommunicated?

Lawdog

Digging up old bones
Registered Senior Member
Theists: Do you think that Madonna is guilty of blasphemy? Obviously her music must be addressing certain provacative ideas as well. Madonna is a baptised excatholic who knows what the Church teaches.

Atheist: Do you support or reject Madonna's action? If so, why?

Both: Is Excommunication a threat that is unfair in your mind? Do you think it
would be unfair if the Scientific Community to publically reject and rebuke rogue scientists?

Madonna crucifixion

who cares. you are killing sciforums with your useless crap threads. (well, not so much you, but stop contributing!)

Thats your mere judgement and opinion, monkey. If sci-people dont want to answer my posts then the thread will die.

Last edited:
I generally support artists who break religious taboos, but Madonna is a talentless ho.

Excommunication is fair, it's their organization, and they have the freedom to reject anyone.

I do think scientists should publically reject and rebuke other scientists that do bad science. In fact, the process is called peer review.

Lawdog said:

M*W: Art imitates life. I support Madonna's right to her artistic interpretation, although I would not pay to go see her, or if I got comp tickets, I probably wouldn't use them. She's a musical icon, and she reinvents herself periodically, which says a lot for her business acumen, but she's not one of my favorites, so I am not interested in going to her concerts.

Lapdog: Both: Is Excommunication a threat that is unfair in your mind? Do you think it would be unfair if the Scientific Community to publically reject and rebuke rogue scientists?

M*W: Yes, of course. It's done everyday in the scientific community, and it's called peer review. Legitimate scientists rebuke silly science every chance they get. They really don't get away with much. Having worked in the scientific community a number of years (in fact, my whole career), it becomes pretty obvious who the silly scientists are when they try to publish their silly science.

Anything that pokes fun at religion is good.

It is hard to take the Church of Rome seriously at times. She pretends to an importance she lost five hundred years prior. That being said, excommunication seems fitting considering her doctrinal split with the Church and her consideration of herself as a Qabbalistic Jew.

She is a much better singer than she is a religious figure or socio-political commentator.

1. The scientific community often publically reject unsound theorems etc as spidergoat and M*W points out. It's actually constructive in the scientific field, and the individual in error often learns and rebounds from such a failure. Christianity often leaves their erroneous members for "dead".

2. Excommunication is certainly not a threat nowadays. It merely prevents entry into RC religious rites and churches. It doesn't remove personal freedoms, impose a fine or wield physical injury. So...*shrug*...how does it affect Madonna's life?

3. The cross entry might be disrespectful...but so's the RC's insistence on world domination. At least Madonna's stopping at exercising the right to free speech.

Lawdog said:
Theists: Do you think that Madonna is guilty of blasphemy? Obviously her music must be addressing certain provacative ideas as well. Madonna is a baptised excatholic who knows what the Church teaches.

Both: Is Excommunication a threat that is unfair in your mind? Do you think it
would be unfair if the Scientific Community to publically reject and rebuke rogue scientists?

Madonna crucifixion

Madonna no longer has a place in the Catholic Church, so why would she be excommunicated?

Back