Lung Cancer in Hawaii

firecross

Scientist
Registered Senior Member
Lung Cancer is Racist

New research suggests that blacks and native Hawaiians who smoke between 10 and 20 cigarettes a day have a 30 percent to 40 percent higher risk of lung cancer than whites do. Latino and Japanese-American smokers had the lowest risk of lung cancer, about 20 percent less than whites and 60 percent less than blacks.

[Someone needs to stop this lung cancer and force it into sensitivity training.]

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/health/feeds/hscout/2006/01/25/hscout530577.html

Last edited:
Having been recently banned for a period of time for his usual bigotry and racism, I presume this is 'J.B.' with a new handle? :bugeye: <P>

Lung cancer need to be educated that all people are equal and that it is unfair and ignorant to target people based on race. Then we can all find equality in utopia.

I presumed racist slant until I read the FC's second post.

However, doesn't the name 'firecross' imply the burning of a cross?

Facial said:
I presumed racist slant until I read the FC's second post.
The scientific data from that study showed racial differences in cancer rates, so lung cancer could be called racist if you needed to. However, most mature people find namecalling such as "racist" to be unhelpful when assessing data.

Facial said:
However, doesn't the name 'firecross' imply the burning of a cross?
No. Your linguistics are irrationally directed, probably from paranoia.

There have already been many examples of empirical differences between ethnicities in terms of inherited traits. I do not deny the studies, nor do I think of them as associated with ulterior right-wing agendas. However, if there is indeed an empirical difference in the rates of lung cancer across different ethnicities, people must never justify such difference as a basis for any racist agendas. However, I know JB loves to do that on these forums.

I apologize for presuming you as a racist, Firecross, and I am never paranoid of anything on forums.

Look out for J.B., though.

Back