Lucifer and the Sun

Prince_James

Plutarch (Mickey's Dog)
Registered Senior Member
Medicine*Woman, you might appreciate this.

So I was thinking the other day and I came to consider this:

The non-Biblical concept of Lucifer as the Morning Star, implies a mundane night-sky based explanation for its myth.

For half the year, Venus is the evening star and for half the year it is the morning star. During it's period as the evening star, one can relate its status back to the notion that it is in an exalted position: The brightest amongst all the heavenly lights (aside from the moon of course) and most prominent in the sky. Here Lucifer remains loyal, as he follows God (the sun) following him sinking beneath the horizon. However, when the Evening Star becomes the Morning Star, he is attempting not usurp the place of the sun, and when the sun rises, he is "thrown down" or stricken from his place of glory. His light is made miniscule by that of the superior one of the sun.

Medicine*Woman, you might appreciate this.

So I was thinking the other day and I came to consider this:

The non-Biblical concept of Lucifer as the Morning Star, implies a mundane night-sky based explanation for its myth.

For half the year, Venus is the evening star and for half the year it is the morning star. During it's period as the evening star, one can relate its status back to the notion that it is in an exalted position: The brightest amongst all the heavenly lights (aside from the moon of course) and most prominent in the sky. Here Lucifer remains loyal, as he follows God (the sun) following him sinking beneath the horizon. However, when the Evening Star becomes the Morning Star, he is attempting not usurp the place of the sun, and when the sun rises, he is "thrown down" or stricken from his place of glory. His light is made miniscule by that of the superior one of the sun.

M*W: Thanks, that is a very interesting idea. Makes total sense to me.

Back