Lucid Dreams, OBE's and Astral Projection.....

Aphrodite

The Goddess of Love
Registered Senior Member
I'm confused as to how these all fit together.
I know what lucid dreams are...you know you're asleep and you are in control of what happens. I have very little knowledge about OBE's. Are the brought on by LDs? Then there's astral projection. I don't even know what it is, but someone refered to it as being related to OBEs and LD's.
Anything you want to teach me...bring it on!! (nothing false puh-lease!! I'm confused enough as-is)
~Aphrodite~

here's my understanding of how it fits

My understanding of it all is that OBE's & astral projection are pretty much the same thing (some will argue that LD is also the same thing). OBE/AP are not necessarily brought on by lucid dreaming, but it is possible. I believe anything is possible in the dream state. I think what some may attribute to LD is actually OBE/AP. Who says just because you don't remember in waking the escape from your body doesn't mean it actually did happen?!?! Again, if you ask me what AP is I believe it to be the same critter as OBEs. If anyone disagrees feel free to comment! :)

Here are some good sites on AP/OBE

http://www.astralvoyage.com/

& spirit web (always great)

http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/obe.html

Hope this helps!

There are several threads here in the Parapsychology Forum in which already is mentioned what is the difference between LD, OBE and A/P.

An OBE can happen in a LD, can also happen if you want it, just by yourself.

A/P you have to do yourself, it does NOT happen in a LD. You have to 'lay down' for it, to make it happen.

In a LD you have control over the dream and you can change the dream while you are dreaming. You are awre that you dream and can act within the dream.

An OBE can happen in a Lucid Dream, you have the feeling you fly and your Inner Self or dream conciousness is actually flying. An OBE can happen if you want it when you are awake. You let your Inner Self connect with the Cosmos and fly to the Spheres, or somewhere else. No one can see you while you are having an OBE.

A/P is projecting your Astral Body at another place. Your friends place or so. Then you can be seen, your Astral body is projected then. You have to control your body very well if you want to be able to do A/P. In balance with yourself.

By the way...Welcome to Sciforums, may you post long and happy here...:)

Back