Banned
Banned
Mirror Mask

mirrormask.gif

The Cell

cellblighter.jpg

and The Fountain

fountain_com-20071001-102449.jpg

These are movies that come to mind when imagination within lucid dreams is expressed well in movies. Of course this is all possible due to the amazing graphics animation. But in an another approach to the issue, imagine combining the lucid dreaming imagination expressed with accuracy in this films and virtual reality. Immersing yourself inside the world of imagination and learning within the world that the most powerful force influencing all in that virtual world is a belief. Believe in a castle in the sky hard enough and it will be there...believe in something more of details and it will appear there.

This should be in art and culture.
1) lucid dreams are not parapsychology
2) we are discussing films that show a certain kind of phenomenon.

The Matrix
The Nightmare on Elm Street Series
are a couple of examples I can think of.
Both represent bleed through from dreams to waking reality
and if we started making claims about this being possible: OK, parapsychology or something.

This should be in art and culture.
1) lucid dreams are not parapsychology
2) we are discussing films that show a certain kind of phenomenon.

The Matrix
The Nightmare on Elm Street Series
are a couple of examples I can think of.
Both represent bleed through from dreams to waking reality
and if we started making claims about this being possible: OK, parapsychology or something.

Thats what I am telling you the Matrix does not feet this criteria and now that I come to think of it. The point of this thread is to invistegate the awakening of parapsychological state of mind when one is asleep and experiences lucid dreaming. The main concept is to accurately depict the chaotic events and shapes seen by lucid dreamer.

http://www.youtube.com/v/DqEPANrBaEY&hl=en

I am trying to attain that feeling of meditation I get using cinema that have an ability to depict lucid dreaming scenarios.

It is my goal to attain meditation-like experience of outer perceptional feelings by the art of these media. To go into a trance like state, which I have experience many times.

I invite you to see this short clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW_iRZMZlx0&NR=1

it expressess strongly lucid dreaming, lets you see what is seen when dream comes...blending some of Salvador Dali's work

Perhaps you would agree with me, "I see more with my eyes closed"

...pay attention to: 04:05 - 04:30 of the clip

Neat! But what was I supposed to see at 4:05 - 4:30?

I was wondering Dragon, if you have ever heard of or seen anything by "The Brothers Quay". I think you would really like them

Neat! But what was I supposed to see at 4:05 - 4:30?

I was wondering Dragon, if you have ever heard of or seen anything by "The Brothers Quay". I think you would really like them

no, but The Brothers Quay's work does seem to relate to lucid dreaming. I will look into it.

no, but The Brothers Quay's work does seem to relate to lucid dreaming. I will look into it.

This pleases me! Let me know if you have trouble tracking anything down by them. Their stuff is hard to find.

Back