Love a Good Steak or Burger? Scary News

Scary, I don't know... but it's a bad news for those who eat too much burgers! However there were no need to proove it to be aware about it, no? :bugeye:

We could be like gorillas but we would have to graze 13 hours a day, not do anything energy intensive, or enlarge our digestive tracts.

If you're concerned about saturated fats:

or indeed even if you're not, I would suggest taking Omega 3 and essential fatty acids.

Omega 6 Family

Derived from Linoleic Acid, converted by the body into Gamma-Linoleic-Acid (GLA). GLA is then converted via DGLA (di-homo Gamma Linoleic acid) into series 1 prostglandins.
Series 1 prostglandins keep the blood thin, relax blood vessels, lower blood pressure, help maintain the body's water balance, decrease inflammation, improve nerve function, and improve the action of insulin amongst many other benefits.

Omega 3 family
Derived from Alpha-Linolenic acid, converted to series 3 prostglandins in the body.
Series 3 prostglandins are essential in brain function, vision, co-ordination and mood control amongst other functions.

If you really want a burger we can hop over to the wooly mamoth thread next door. Yum.

Re: Re: If you're concerned about saturated fats:

Originally posted by SG-N
Where do we find these Omega(s)?

Borage oil, starflower seeds, Hemp seed oil, flax seeds, pumpkins seeds.

Hope that helps.

Bleh Flax seed oil is expensive....if it is really dire to shape up your eating habits but you're on a budget you can switch to Olive oil which is better than vegetable oil. Too bad you can't go crazy eating fish for good oils because they'll likely do more harm to you through years of bioacumilation.

my bottle of 100 1000mg softgels says 15.57 on top. it's from the vitamin shoppe. it has omegas 3, 6, and 9. i only take them if i haven't eaten any fat that day. or you can just buy flaxseeds which are actually quite tasty and add them to things like on top of your oatmeal, in muffins, stir it into yogurt. whir them up in a food processor to make a flour that can be hidden in so many things. you can also do what i do: hunt the bread aisle for the grainy nutty whole wheat bread with flax seeds and a billion other good things in it.

Back