Lottery tickets as present

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
Here is the scenario:

You give 10 lottery tickets to your relative/friend for Christmas. As cheasy as it sounds, he hits the jackpot and wins 10 million bucks.

What would you expect of him, regarding rewarding you, answer the poll...

OK, poll thingy didn't work, so here they are:

1. Nothing.
2. 50-50%
3. 20% at least
4. He could give me as much as he feels.
5. A nice dinner and a hug.

Hmm, if you give him a warm overcoat, would you expect him to share it with you on cold days???

Giving something, regardless of what it is, is just that ....giving! He owes you a nice 'thank you' and nothing else. And you should expect nothing else.

Baron Max

Here is the scenario:

You give 10 lottery tickets to your relative/friend for Christmas. As cheasy as it sounds, he hits the jackpot and wins 10 million bucks.

What would you expect of him, regarding rewarding you, answer the poll...
the key word is give.
when you give something it belongs to the taker, not you.

So I take your answer is #1.

You are a nice man. Now let's see, 10 tickets cost $10, reward is 10 million that is like a 100000% (I might have missed a zero here or there) return on the money.

But in your case I will ask the opposite, if you got the tickets and won, how much would you give back as a reward???

P.S.: Coat analogy doesn't work, because he doesn't get such a huge return...It could work if by giving the coat you saved his life, because we could argue that one's own life worths pretty much any amount of money...
In that case I am sure he would be grateful...

the key word is give.
when you give something it belongs to the taker, not you.

OK, guys you are not getting it. By giving lottery tickets, you gave CHANCE.

It might worth nothing, but it can be worths a lots of money. So it is not like giving a tie or a coat or a futball...

Can't you see the difference? Well, just answer #1....

I sure would expect at least a hug with a nice dinner... :)

But in your case I will ask the opposite, if you got the tickets and won, how much would you give back as a reward???
if you got on your knees and begged REAL nice i might, MIGHT, let you smell it.

seriously if it was 10 milllion i would split it 50/50 with. . . my sister.
i would give you a million.

this assumes the full 10 mill. there are taxes to be paid.

Since you won nothing the previous years which winds up as a shitty Christmas present, keep all the winnings to make up for it. ;)

- N

It is certainly not unethical for the recipient of the gift to volunteer to give some money to the one who gave her the lottery ticket as a gift. My choice is 4, she should give as much as she feels.

By the way, since I haven't really answered the question here is my greedy bastard answer:

I would expect at least as much as I would give. Depending on the circumstances of my friend's if I were the winner I would give him AT LEAST 1%, maybe more. So in the opposite version I would expect getting 100K, plus a dinner and a hug...

Back