Looking for someone to Critique my Summary

Jennings

Registered Member
For a project i have been asked to summarize cellular respiration . Im hoping someone will be able to critique it and point out anything that may not be true .

The summary:
"Cellular respiration is the process of ATP synthesis powered by energy from enzyme-catalyzed redox reactions used to oxidize glucose into CO2. Electrons and protons are transferred to many different molecules by oxidation/dehydrogenation reactions, releasing energy with each reaction . This energy is then used by enzymes to phosphorylate ADP into ATP, either by substrate level phosphorylation or oxidative phosphorylation. In aerobic respiration there are 3 main ATP producing steps (glycolysis, Krebs, electron transport chain). High energy electrons are removed from the C-H bonds of the original glucose molecule in glycolysis & the Krebs cycle. These electrons are then used in an electron transport chain , transferring down a series of carriers down to the final electron acceptor (O2) . A result of these electrons passing is the translocation of protons creating a proton gradient, and this gradient is the used to power the ATP producing enzyme, ATP synthase. "

This is what i have come to understand of cellular respiration through research, but im not completely sure if this a 100% valid summary. Comments and criticisms welcome .

Not bad. For every oxidation/dehydrogenation reaction there is a linked reduction, but I think it's OK to gloss over that. I like your summary.

Back