"Living" robot flees captivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porfiry

Nomad
Registered Senior Member
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/06/20/1023864460978.html

Professor Noel Sharkey said he turned his back on the drone and returned 15 minutes later to find it had forced its way out of the small make-shift paddock it was being kept in.

He later found it had travelled down an access slope, through the front door of the centre and was eventually discovered at the main entrance to the car park when a visitor nearly flattened it with his car.

OK, so I over-dramatized the title of this thread. If nothing else, it's an interesting situation.

Porfiry ...

"OK, so I over-dramatized the title ... "

Teaser! Teaser! Teaser!

Cris will never forgive you.

Take care ;)

OK OK, but it did catch my attention.

Still a nice story.

There is a possibility that the Robot thought that it was been entered into Robot Wars, Since Prof. Noel Sharkey is renouned for Judging Robots that have managed to survive a battle and come down to Scoring to win or lose.

Perhaps it shuddered to think that it was being taken to it's demise.... so escaped. fleeing for its.... well.... Live...batterie.

Very interesting article. It's when the Military robots escape that we need to worry. That could happen you know...

"But there's no need to worry, as although they can escape they are perfectly harmless and won't be taking over just yet."

One could say mostly harmless. Damn, I just emerged from under the bad after that supernova scare over at astronomy, and now I'm here and I'm filling up on baked beans for 'the long haul' under my bed until this robo crisis peters out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back