Lion mauls man

It's enough to make ya join Peta for sure.

That was not a big lion. The first guy in the red was right next to fucking useless, he could have controled the attack 200% better. MORON. Then all these big men have gotta wait until the guy with the pistol shows up. Chickenshits. They could have over power that small lion, all of them just standing around watching the guy get killed.

All true. And then the lion would have lived too.
Maybe i shouldnt say this, but i was more appalled by the lion being shot and left to die in agony then i was by the man being mauled.
Obviously the lion didnt choose to get into the cage, the man did however. I mean, can you really blame the lion ?

The lion is definitely a victim. Not knowing what the injured man's role is, I can't say whether he is properly a victim or not. Remember that most people are conditioned to accept the fact of caged animals as normal.

When I was young, I was knocked over and stepped on (not properly trampled) at the zoo when the crowd recoiled after a monkey started throwing things out of its cage. Instead of being mad at the monkey, I was sympathetic to its temper. I certainly wouldn't want to be caged up and gawked at all day. I was probably 7 or 8 at the time, and it seemed perfectly obvious to me. The zoo has provided better environments for the animals over the years, and I do understand the importance of people not having to travel the world over in order to see these animals; I do understand that zoos can do much for injured or forsaken animals, but I still feel frustration when I go to the zoo.

Mod Hat - Response

Enmos said:
I just realized this may rather belong in Free Thoughts.. moderator ?

It's all good with me. I, at least, believe the treatment of confined animals, and also confinement itself, are fair considerations for our ethical and moral structures.

The lion is definitely a victim. Not knowing what the injured man's role is, I can't say whether he is properly a victim or not. Remember that most people are conditioned to accept the fact of caged animals as normal.

When I was young, I was knocked over and stepped on (not properly trampled) at the zoo when the crowd recoiled after a monkey started throwing things out of its cage. Instead of being mad at the monkey, I was sympathetic to its temper. I certainly wouldn't want to be caged up and gawked at all day. I was probably 7 or 8 at the time, and it seemed perfectly obvious to me. The zoo has provided better environments for the animals over the years, and I do understand the importance of people not having to travel the world over in order to see these animals; I do understand that zoos can do much for injured or forsaken animals, but I still feel frustration when I go to the zoo.

Thats is the right attidude, and even as a kid. Makes you wonder why adults often dont see it (or refuse to see it).

You are right about the man, we cant say what his role was. But odds are that he was somekind of caretaker.
The setting, to me, suggests the lion was kept in somekind of circus rather then a zoo.

I am wondering what the reason could have been to leave out the beginning of the movie. Obviously the camera was rolling before the movie we get to see started. It leads me to speculate the 'caretaker' might have kicked to lion or something. Often maltreatment of animals, like circus animals, make otherwise docile and obedient animals revolt and attack their caretakers. But, ofcourse, thats just speculation.

I was saddened to see the man survived.

The lion is probably better off dead than surviving for a lifetime of this cage.

Milkweed said:

I was saddened to see the man survived.

Ouch.

The lion is probably better off dead than surviving for a lifetime of this cage.

Aye. That is likely the case.

Remember, though: At the sound of the gun, the score was Lion 1, Humans 0. (The lion did not die at the first shot.)

Nature will as nature does.

lol the first shot was a miss, zero reaction from the lion. They couldn't even shoot it with skill.

I can't say i'm happy or not happy the guy lived - I'm not sure what he did. I do kinda wish the lion had killed the really stupid guy in red, whom HAD the LION controlled!! Then let it go AND then kick it away from the bars, allowing it to chew on his buddy with impunity. That moron needs to die. The rest for standing around and watching a 150lb lion munch on another human. Am I out to lunch or was that at best a young adolecent lion? I've seen adult lions many times that size and at least 600 lbs.

I saw them at the Toronto zoo and they had no room to move around really, I was not happy about that, and they seemed so tired and drugged up(it was not a hot day). We got a picture of one that came up to the glass and yawned, holy crap was his mouth HUGE. That picture did not come out, it was the end of the film!! :(:(:( Anyway THAT lion could have swallowed that guy whole.

We also went to a place called "african lion safari" out in rural Ontario on a couple sections of land. You drive your car through the park and never get out of your car, animals roam around you. Lots of room for all the animals there, I did not feel bad for them there, they really seemed taken care of there and a little more "real". Esp, the monkeys you drive through the monkey cage and they are absolute hilarious, ripping shit off people's brand new passats civics and accords, etc. A few people feed them which is frowned upon but the monkeys will eat the food and then shit on the people's car. Well I found it hilarious, but some people looked pretty traumatized, which made it even more funny. I love it when animals screw with people. We just laughed and washed the Jeep after we got home.

circuses and other places that have animals performming have tranqulizers ready to shoot to have the animal sleep for a while until the situation is defused, if they didnt have that then that was they're own fault and not the lions, anyway if your in a cage all your life wouldnt you snap at some point?

i hate lion tamers, lions are not suppose to be tame animals.

Back