Linear elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaconator

Valued Senior Member
What would happen if I had one hydrogen, two helium, three lithium and so on and so forth?

in the same box

Ex-chemist will have the best answer but my answer would be "not much". Some metals and salts and carbon monoxide, etc. Mainly you would just have a box of a lot of elements.

What would happen if I had one hydrogen, two helium, three lithium and so on and so forth?

in the same box
For a start, how about being a bit more specific? Is that one hydrogen atom or one hydrogen molecule? A hydrogen atom wandering around on its own is going to be more reactive than a hydrogen molecule.

For a start, how about being a bit more specific? Is that one hydrogen atom or one hydrogen molecule? A hydrogen atom wandering around on its own is going to be more reactive than a hydrogen molecule.
I would guess atom, but whatever floats your boat.

Ex-chemist will have the best answer but my answer would be "not much". Some metals and salts and carbon monoxide, etc. Mainly you would just have a box of a lot of elements.
I know that’s the wrong answer. And exchemist would agree.

but I don’t care. I’m after ddyddyr’s opinion.

Last edited:
Moderator note: Beaconator has been warned for posting nonsense to one of our Science subforums.

Due to accumulated warning points, he will be taking a few days off from the forum.

Beaconator already has a thread running on the topic of putting all the elements in a box. It's a nonsensical thread and there's no reason to duplicate it. So, this one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back