Limbaugh Mocks Children Who Suffer Despair

goofyfish

Analog By Birth, Digital By Design
Valued Senior Member
I listened to a few minutes of Limbaugh yesterday and heard him quote from a recent finding that obese children suffer a level of despair similar to that of children who are being treated for cancer. He characteristically treated this tragic subject as an occasion for jocularity and sarcasm - the kids are in despair because liberals have convinced them that life under George Bush is terrible; the kids have only themselves to blame, just like the homeless are responsible for their own plight; etc.

Discounting his political views, his overall lack of compassion is stunning. Rush Limbaugh, the Jabba the Hut of American quasi-politics, having fun at the expense of obese children?? I guess mirrors aren't allowed at the Limbaugh household.

Incredibly, Limbaugh appears mainstream to many people, especially now that talkshow hosts who are arguably worse - like Michael Savage - have become popular. One would think that at some point people would be a bit uneasy about the venom spewed by these people.

:m: Peace.

LOL. Hey I'm semi-obese and it IS my fault. Idon't exercise, but I don't feel despair about it. I rejoyce in it. Im eating right now and I love it. Limbaugh is cool. I blame the liberals. Damn them.

Well, goodyfish, part of being a hardline conservative is hating everyone and everything.

Well he is fat so he can talk. Its no big deal. If you hate it so much go jog. I think what he was talking about is people giving them pity. Such as something like "awwh poor fat kid"

Originally posted by goofyfish
I listened to a few minutes of Limbaugh yesterday and heard him quote from a recent finding that obese children suffer a level of despair similar to that of children who are being treated for cancer. He characteristically treated this tragic subject as an occasion for jocularity and sarcasm - the kids are in despair because liberals have convinced them that life under George Bush is terrible; the kids have only themselves to blame, just like the homeless are responsible for their own plight; etc.

Who should take the blame for a person's overeating?

Originally posted by Salty
Well he is fat so he can talk. Its no big deal. If you hate it so much go jog. I think what he was talking about is people giving them pity. Such as something like "awwh poor fat kid"

Actually, Mr. Limbaugh has lost quite a bit of weight.

Originally posted by Galt
Actually, Mr. Limbaugh has lost quite a bit of weight.

I havent seen him since before the lewinsky scandal so I wouldn't know. Good for him then I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear that they were thinking of casting him to play "Fat bastard" in Austin powers III, but they realized that at his current weight they'd just have to call him chubby bastard, or just bastard, so things didnt' work out.

i am relitivly skinny.
infact i have been rejoicing because ive gaind 5 pounds this year.
that guy thinks being fat is tuff? try having people woried that your anerexic. at the age of 13 i weghd just under 80 pounds and was about 5 ft 2. thats pretty thin.
and btw i am not, and never have been, anerexic.

besides. im not one to sympathize. beetween a meratoman disorder and a deply seated hatred of man kind i have trouble pittying any1. hating them.. thats difrent. i do that great.

oh and ive never seen of, or heard of, limbagh (?spelling¿).
a talk show guy i assume?
lol. sry. i spend all my time on the computer or blowing stuff up.
tv is for mush brains and 14m3r5.

pleeze xqz me while i go smoke some :m:

Limbaugh doesn't have a lack of compassion, he just holds you responsible when it is something you did. Be honest... do you know how fattening the food in public schools really is? When I was little, I was skinni as a rail because I could ride my bycicle for several hours straight. Now I'm so huge that I can barely pedle 20 yards.... (exaggerating, of course). I'm out of shape, because I don't take care of myself like I should.

If a doctor told you lack of exercise made you out of shape, you would jump on it. If someone like Rush tells you that you are out of shape, he must be hateful.

A reply

Sure, overweight people may not be faultless. But making fun of them is just plain mean. And I think we ALL know what mean people do.

Last edited:
Was he making fun, or was he just saying it was there own fault? I don't think anyone here said he was making fun... the guy weighed a ton once too, and admits to it.

Back