Let's define god

Varda

The Bug Lady
Valued Senior Member
post your definition of god here

theists, post the definition of your god or gods

post your definition of god here

theists, post the definition of your god or gods

I base my belief in on my own intuition and the overall depiction of God as related by hundreds of people who have claimed to have had NDEs'.Much of it seems to corelate,to me anyways, to the core spiritual message given in most religions...that message essentially being: show unconditional love,try to avoid being judgemental, do for others as you would have them do for you,practice a selfless attitude. Tough to live up to I admit..but I am a trying!

I study a lot of Egyptian mythology and I find their system both fascinating and even as scholars in this area state..also confusing somewhat.
I tend to be more comfortable with the female aspect of God,not because I'm a Mommas boy or something to that effect but because I feel many religions lack the female aspect of the divine and there is to me, a certain sensitivity,compassion and inclusiveness in many female religous figures teachings..such as the Goddess Aset(Isis) who was termed the "Goddess Of Wisdom",Hetheru(Hathor) and later, teachings from the cult of Isis...which were based on the earlier worship of Aset and lasted not much beyond the yr 426 A.D when Theodosian law prohibited her public worship.
I don't "literally" believe she is God nor any of the other religous figures throughout history but I believe God can manisfest itself as these characters depending on the individual persons belief system.

So, i believe God to be an all encompasing force that created the universe to explore itself through the vast multiplicity of creation.Not separate from creation but all physical creation being part of God and our souls are all tiny parts of God but in this dual state of the physical universe we forget that and the challenge is to realize it,even if it takes many reincarnations to do so.
Many of the fundamentalists would term this new age thinking and in reality much of it is old age thinking as the ancient egyptians did predate the Old and New Testament. I suppose when many people think new age they think of teen witchcraft starter kits for girls or offbeat/strange people into meditation or nature worship.

Anyways, if I turn out to be wrong, so be it.;)

What God? There isn't any God that exists except in myths. Myths are for

those who need something else in life , besides themselves, to get through

life with. I need only to believe in myself and the other people that are

around me. Within ourselves we can get along just fine without any God. If

you believe in God that's just fine with me but don't try to tell me that I'm

wrong in my beliefs of not believing. We all have to get through life and

many people need something else to believe in besides themselves and that

is fine but many others don't need a myth to believe in and that too is fine.

Choose the one you want but don't think others must believe in what you

believe in because everyone thinks differently and should choose their own

path through life.

Back