left-right

curioucity

Unbelievable and odd
Registered Senior Member
Hi

What are the things that can de-coordinize your left and right bodyparts? It's like the question why it's hard to draw a circle with the right hand and a square with the left hand at the same time. Also, just now, when I was brushing my teeth, I tried to shape a triangle with my other hand and it's damn tough.....

Here's another interesting thing. Some people will claim to be able to do it coz its easier than what u have mentioned but it shows the same phenomenon.

Putting ur arms out, trace a circle in the air with your finger in a clockwise direction. Put ur other arm out and trace with that one ALSO in a clockwise direction. Now keep speeding up the motion until your vigourously rotating them. At some point, one of your hands will rotate in the opposite dorection to the other one. My theory is that if you're right handed, your left hand will be the one which rebels first and turns the other way......

Phew... was it that I did it wrongly or I just lacked stamina? My arms grew tired after a minute....

Originally posted by curioucity
Phew... was it that I did it wrongly or I just lacked stamina? My arms grew tired after a minute....

OK maybe u did it wrong. No need to stick ur arms out really. Just trace a small (5cm diameter) circle with your index finger and try to get the finger on your other hand tracing the same circle in the same direction very quickly. I find I can trace about 4 or 5 circles before the left hand one turns anti-clockwise!!!

p.s. Also, 1) keep your circles close (10-15cm from each other)
2) trace with your finger muscles (not your arms-thats easy!)
3) try not to look directly at them or concentrate too hard

Okay, thanks for correcting. Now I see your point: While I try to rotate both fingers clockwise, my left finger somewhat tried to form an ellipse......

Back