Left behind II fact or propaganda

Starman

Starman
Registered Senior Member
My wife is a Borne Again Christian and she is watching this movie Left Behind II wow it is amazing to see Christians at work in the movie industry. This movie is a prime example of the Insanity involved with Christian Fundamentalists.

I think that mix of paranoid worldview and crackpot theology you get from reading (or now watching) the Left Behind series does nothing but feed the warmongering, hateful tendencies of the current christian fundamentalists in the United States. These idiots are dangerous and we tend to forget that the most significant, destructive terrorist act prior to 9/11 originated from just such a nutcase: Timothy McVeigh.

These nutjobs see no value in human life beyond their own and use excuses like abortion, homosexuality, and the so-called threat of Islam to talk of waging "wars," be they real or metaphorical.

Forget about what Jesus "would do." Fuck that turn the other cheek and be meek to inherit the earth bullshit. They want to fuck humanity because of their twisted worldview that only an elite will enter the pearly gates and the rest of us are wicked and are to be exterminated so we can begin our eternities of hell.

The world would be such a better place for humanity if we would all just accept that this is the only existance we will ever know, regardless of what our religions tell us. Therefore, we should make the best of this life and treat each other like it's all we will get.

If there is a god or gods, I find it hard to believe that they would wish us to be such arrogant assholes as to treat each other the way we do because we know our own religion or culture's worldviews are the right ones.

Screw those nutters... they can leave me behind!

SkinWalker: I think that mix of paranoid worldview and crackpot theology you get from reading (or now watching) the Left Behind series does nothing but feed the warmongering, hateful tendencies of the current christian fundamentalists in the United States. These idiots are dangerous and we tend to forget that the most significant, destructive terrorist act prior to 9/11 originated from just such a nutcase: Timothy McVeigh.

These nutjobs see no value in human life beyond their own and use excuses like abortion, homosexuality, and the so-called threat of Islam to talk of waging "wars," be they real or metaphorical.

Forget about what Jesus "would do." Fuck that turn the other cheek and be meek to inherit the earth bullshit. They want to fuck humanity because of their twisted worldview that only an elite will enter the pearly gates and the rest of us are wicked and are to be exterminated so we can begin our eternities of hell.

The world would be such a better place for humanity if we would all just accept that this is the only existance we will ever know, regardless of what our religions tell us. Therefore, we should make the best of this life and treat each other like it's all we will get.

If there is a god or gods, I find it hard to believe that they would wish us to be such arrogant assholes as to treat each other the way we do because we know our own religion or culture's worldviews are the right ones.

Screw those nutters... they can leave me behind!
M*W: Agreed. When I visit Barnes&Noble, I like the way they label all that Left Behind crap as "religious fiction."

I think overall it's more a commentary on Christian "pop culture". It's really scary to think that there is such a thing. I have never personaly watched or read any of the left behind series. The only thing I know about it is that it's supposed to be based upon the end (the book of revelation). I suppose there is nothing wrong with watching or reading such material. However, I once saw an interview with one of the authors of the series and he said they were more like salesmen for the gospel. I don't know about you but I don't need a salesman to sell me the truth. I have a problem with people making money off of God to simply make money. I'm not sure God likes that either but only God truly knows the hearts of these people. So, I'm not here to judge.

macabre

The left behind series is fiction. The same publisher who brought it out is now publishing a pretrist version. They know there is money to be made in prophesy. i have been trying to "de-program" a lot of people who believe in it. Pre trip rapture is escapism at its best. But as the saying goes a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Back