Ledum Palustre (marsh tea)

smoking revolver
Valued Senior Member
And once again my marsh tea harvest is ready for tea preparation. Drinking it now. :)
It has a wonderful, intoxicating aroma (it's a real trip harvesting it), stiffens the tongue a bit. Very tasty tea.
My friend Dāvis says that if you drink it together with wine, it's hallucinogenic,
don't know about that (don't use alcohol), but it sure makes you feel differently.

In large doses it's poisonous, so don't drink it more than once a week, and don't make it overly strong, or you might start vomiting, and it may affect your central nervous system.

IMG_7788_1.JPG

Last edited:
Simpler than simple. I go to a swamp or a swampy forest and gather them. I don't know if they grow in India though. It's an evergreen Northen plant.
You gather it at the end of May - first half of June (it's flowering then). And then second half of July - the end of August.
Gatherable are the tops of them 5 to 10cm from the top (they're soft and not with a bark there). All the good is in the evergreen leaves and the top of branches without bark.

Then just dry them in a warm place till they crack when bent. The first day or so the room in which you dry them is ummmmm makes you feel dizzy, they're quite strong.

In Latvia too. It has a range of homeopathic as well as anti insectic uses.
I use it as tasty tea mostly though. :)

If you happen to be in a marsh, you can gather them, rub with your hands and then treat your face and neck with the juice. Blood suckers can't stand the aroma.

Dry. I don't really know if dry leaves are stronger, but herb teas and medicine is generally used when dried up. Fresh leaves and plants can have additional toxins and the teas made from fresh ones generally don't taste that good.

Back