Lactose Intolerant + Gluten Allergy

CheskiChips

Banned
Banned
I've noticed an overwhelming amount of Jews (as compared to the rest of the population) are Lactose Intolerant and/or allergic to Gluten.

In my case I was practically born Lactose intolerant, as soon as I was weened I became intolerant. My gluten allergen seems to be only after significant amounts of gluten.

It also seems as they're more prevalent to just have an allergy appear overnight... I was talking to someone yesterday who used to always eat nuts, then one day she ate nuts and her throat swelled up and she has since been allergic.

What is causing this predisposition for allergies?

For example look at this interesting map...
LacIntol-World2.png

None of the Arab countries seem to show predisposition to Lactose intolerance...or they would surely have data on this right? Israel which has a 91%-100% coloring, a level only reached by Asians and Asian descendants (such as Native Americans).

Is this evidence that cultures that have not intermingled frequently with others are more prone to be effected by perhaps...a mutating food source? These cultures being, Jews, Abirigones, Asians (Very inclusive), Native Americans...etc.

Last edited:
Back