know a good genre book?

terpinator72

Science = Ecclesisates 1 V 18
Registered Senior Member
I got some gift cards from barnes and noble for xmas and want to read some interesting books on this genre..

Anyone having any good suggestions...

I am interested in both, Debunker, and "woo-woo" viewpoints

Thanks for your time,

_terp

I am happy you put ther word "woo wood" in quotations. :D

I can't really give you a sujestion, I have read many.
Each to his own, best sugestion I can give is pick a book at a book store, read a few paragraphs or even a chapter if you can. If you feel interested in what you are hearing, but it, or check it out at the local libray. :)

FYI: Debunkers do not tend to write as many books as the *shivers* woo woos. But I am sure you can always read up on the US gov. print called "Area 51: the final story" or something like that. I have forgoten the real name of it.

Personaly if you really are interested in the entire UFO sence, I would sujest picking books from both sides of the story. That way you can come to your own conclusions and then follow one path or the other.

But if the gift card is not enough money to go this route... pick up a nice "where's waldo" book. :)

You cannot go wrong there. hehe.

Comon candadian at least give me a few titles....

Can anyone help me? I see no one seems interested.

I've read the Bible, studied it, and understand it completely.. I cant believe no one has any suggestions for me.. What a community.

Welllllllllll excuseeeeee me!
Give the guy a suggestion and he says he didn’t get any. Besides Canadian gave you some pointers also.

But, since you sooooooooo “understand” the bible, why are you asking those kinds of questions?

Ok, Yah want a book to read. (FOCLMFAO) Try Paul VonWards latest one about AB’s , Try the Open SETI site to get the name of it from their worship forum of VonWard. FOCLMFAO again.

And a Mary X-Mass to yah all,,,,,,,,,,,,,, god I am dying laughing here,,,,,,,

Well, I lent out all my UFO books to friends and even lost a few.

But here is a good website with a few good books that the "believers" have writen:
http://www.cufon.org/cufon/rlist/a-n.htm

There was one guy that was a really smart person who had writen a good number of books, but I cannot remeber the name. I think he passed away a year or two ago. If someone can help me with the name that would be great. He looked like that guy from "inside the actors" studio but he was "fatter".

Someone will know who I speak of. He is a famous UFOligist.
I enjoyed reading his work... I must get my books back. :)

Addition: If you want a skeptics/debunker story, check out "Area 51: the final story" I think it is called. It is published by the US government. :)

It is the only one I can think of at this moment.

Last edited:
craterchains (Norval said:
Welllllllllll excuseeeeee me!
Give the guy a suggestion and he says he didn’t get any. Besides Canadian gave you some pointers also.

But, since you sooooooooo “understand” the bible, why are you asking those kinds of questions?

Ok, Yah want a book to read. (FOCLMFAO) Try Paul VonWards latest one about AB’s , Try the Open SETI site to get the name of it from their worship forum of VonWard. FOCLMFAO again.

And a Mary X-Mass to yah all,,,,,,,,,,,,,, god I am dying laughing here,,,,,,,

edited---

Last edited:
Try these:

Pigliucci, Massimo (2001). Science vs. Pseudoscience : Where is the Difference? Found online at : http://www.rationallyspeaking.org

Casti, John. (1990). Paradigms Lost : Tackling the Unanswered Mysteries of Modern Science. Avon Books, New York.

Sagan, Carl. (1995). The Demon-Haunted World - Science as a Candle in the Dark. New York: Random House.

I would also recommend:

Shermer, Michael. (1997) Why People Believe Weird Things. W.H. Freeman.

Not sure what you mean by this genre. Are you talking about UFO's or about mysticism or psychic phenomenon?

Back