kind of levitation

fmonroy

Registered Senior Member
has anyone done the "lifting the died" or something like that? it consists of 4 people that lift a heavy person without any effort... any idea what is this or how it works?

i used to do a form of martial art in which we would do exersises that perhaps work on a similar principle to this: eg. the unbendable arm in which you totally relax your arm (instead of tensing it up as would be the normal reaction and get someone to try and bend it. This does actually work.....look here for the idea... http://www.bodymindandmodem.com/CoolKi/Unbend.html

We also did this exersise which involved a person lying horizontally and being supported only by the head and feet and then someone sitting on them. This was more difficult and I never quite got the hang of it but some in my class would have a couple of people sitting on them with no trouble at all. These exersises where based on the ki (meaning spirit energy in japanese i think...correct me if im wrong).

alot of my femail friends tell me about this "light as a feather stiff as a board" thing that they do. They lie one girl down flat on the floor and all put their index fingers under her. They proceed to chant "light as a feather, stiff as a board" with closed eyes and try to lift her using only the one fingers. THey swear up and down that it works. My theory is that with they're eyes closed, the idea of lifting the girl was placed in their minds and it FEELS like they'r elifting her when they're really not doing anything at all. But like i said, they swear pretty emphatically that it really works.

woodenbrick: have you tried that excersise: the unbendable arm? do you know of a well documented site with info about it?

reformedtopunk: i have seen that too, but the girls has their eyes opened, they were short and thin, and was lifting a BIG man as 4 or 5 times their weight :eek:.

And as i remember in the craft she was levitating without being touched by the other girls, am i right?

fmonroy

Yes I have tried that exercise the unbendable arm...as i mentioned i used to do it in my martial arts class. im not sure what you mean by well documented site...but this guy makes an explanation of it scientifically.

http://ofinterest.net/ua/

(You have to wave over the magic wand for the explanation)

As for the craft, yes she was levitating but they had to lift her up first.

Back