Kent Hovind: Victim or Villain?

Boss Foxx

I piss excellence.
Registered Senior Member
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061103/NEWS01/611030338/1006

'Dr. Dino' guilty on all counts
Couple could get more than 200 years

Apparently the same guy that argues against the theory of evolution while also arguing for the existence of the Loch Ness Monster has been found guilty of tax evasion. Ol' Hovind says that he's been persecuted due to his religious beliefs. Is he right? Or is he just one more crook that finally got caught?

I believe the technical term for Kent Hovind is dumb-ass :cool: . Not only is he a criminal, but he's a greedy one that exploited the superstitions of the religious to pad his own bank accounts.

He didn't pay his taxes. He's a criminal. Religion doesn't enter into it.

Everyone knows that tax laws were created 6,000 years ago and didn't evolve from single-statute laws.

My own skeptical antenna always prick up at this kind of typical nonsensical statement from the media:
'Dr. Dino' guilty on all counts
Couple could get more than 200 years
WHEN!? WHEN HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED?? WHEN HAS ANY GOVERNMENT ANYWHERE SENT ANYONE TO PRISON FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS FOR ANY KIND OF FRAUD?

It makes me so fucking angry. There are all sorts of fraud trials that come up (Enron being a recent example) and they always have this crap about "could be sentenced to up to 95 years" when in reality they'll be very unfortunate to see 2010 from behind bars.

Back