Just a thought

BobG

Registered Senior Member
I think this is the right folder.

Anyway with talk of multiverses and travelling to a new universe something occured to me. In theory wouldn't travelling to another universe violate energy conservation laws.

Originally posted by BobG
Anyway with talk of multiverses and travelling to a new universe something occured to me. In theory wouldn't travelling to another universe violate energy conservation laws.

Depends upon what travelled to our universe in exchange. :p

Maybe our universe will collapse when too many has left it, due to energy loss. It will probably be a slow process, that will be dealt with as an environmental pollution problem.
People will be asked to stay, but since the explorative nature of humanity, they will go anyway, and our old universe will slowly collapse.

We have to get to the end of our Sloar System, let alone the universe. I doubt we'll ever do that. Not for at least a feew hundread thousand years anyway.

Maybe not, I don't think we need to travel to the end of our universe to reach another, we can do so by wormholes, or by other means of controlling the space time continuum, yet not discovered.

Surely if it was possible for an intelligent lifeform to destroy the universe it would have been done by another form of life (alien)

Maybe it was;)
big bang and all:eek:

or maybe the some universes were destroyed in our multiverse space.

who knows....

Yes, it will probably have catastrophic results, but our curiosity will still make us explore the possibilities. And, if we learn how to travel to other universes, then beings from the other universes can come here, and there will be no energy loss, maybe just fluctuations causing some instability at the time of crossing over.

I wish this thread would have a different title, this is about the fifth time I've read the title, got intrigued, clicked and read it, realised I know nothing about multiverses and energy conservation laws and pressed the back button. :rolleyes: Though in this case, pressed reply. :p

But anyway, just thought I'd let ya in on that lil' secet. :p

Well then, what are energy conservation laws, and why would travelling to another universe mess them up? (as you can see, I was lost from the start :p)

I don't completely understand but the amount of energy in the universe is meant to always be the same. So wouldn't going to another universe decrease the amount of energy

Yes, if we got energy from the other universes we were going to. So maybe it would level out, maybe the universes that got connected would even melt together to a larger one. Like cells connecting.

Any exchange would be two way. If you can get there , then it stands to reason that something from there can get here. As you go, energy and/or matter would come here. What you'd have to watch out for is changes in the laws of physics.

Back