Judgement day...

Undecided

Banned
Banned
I am not a expert on religion let's say...but I would like to hear the principles differences in the end times in Judaism, Christianity (which I know of already), and Islam?

:confused:

phew :eek: Your not asking for much matey are you LOL

ummm where does one start.........

well we can talk about the end of the current age or the end of days.

If your only asking about the final days before the final judgement then that’s pretty easy.

Oh i am a follower of Jesus by the way. But i guarantee that you will probably get 10 different scenarios from Christians.

The End Of Days
I suppose i might as well walk you through the end chapters of the book of Revelation.

Revealtion 20
Satan Bound
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

So satan after the battle of Armageddon will loose control over the nations and he will no longer be able to deceive the Word for 1000 years during this 1000 years the Messiah will rule the World from Jerusalem.

The Saints Reign with Christ 1000 Years
4And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

So all the saints will rule with the Messiah on earth for 1000 years they (the saints) will be resurrected into eternity and will never die again they will have their eternal bodies They will take part in the first resurrection . But the rest of humanity will live and die as normal but they will no longer be ruled by satan through His evil ones who now control the nations of the earth.

Satanic Rebellion Crushed
(A) 7Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

So at the end of the 1000 years satan will be allowed to go out into the world to deceive the peoples of the world Gog and Magog and bring a great army to destroy Jerusalem the seat of kingdom of The Messiah Jesus and also the camp of the saints God will destroy this army and capture satan and cast Him into the lake of fire. note the beast (anti-christ) and the false prophet are already there in the lake of fire. They have already been there for 1000 years. They will be cast into the lake of fire when the Messiah returns with His saints and defeats His army at the battle of Armageddon at the start of The Messiahs reign 1000 years before the final satanic rebellion. After satan is cast into the lake of fire the final judgement will happen.

The Great White Throne Judgment
11Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The following chapter of the Book of Revelation details how the world will be made new and the arrival of the New Jerusalem upon earth where God will live with men, That is heaven on earth.

Revelation 21

All Things Made New

The New Jerusalem
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2Then I, John,[a] saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
5Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."

6And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

The New Jerusalem
(A) 9Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me[f] and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."[g] 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy[h] Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west.
14Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15And he who talked with me had a gold reed to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. 16The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal.

This city is about 1500km square length breadth and height.

17Then he measured its wall: one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of an angel.

The wall around the city is as tall as the Sears Towers sky scrapers in Chicago.

18The construction of its wall was of jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with all kinds of precious stones: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20the fifth sardonyx, the sixth sardius, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. 21The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

The Glory of the New Jerusalem
22But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Well that’s the end of days.

If you want the End of our Age. i will give it a go.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Undecided: Yes but how about the Islamic, and Jewish versions of the end times?
M*W: Adstar, did you not read his question or is that you did not understand his question??? Or, did you simply take this opportunity to preach again. Buddy, if you can't read or don't understand what you read, you don't need to be on sciforums. It's very easy to see why you're just another gullible christian who believes everything he is spoon-fed.

Undecided said:
Yes but how about the Islamic, and Jewish versions of the end times?

I suppose you will have to wait for a muslim to inform you. i am not sure if there is a Religious Jew on this site? what i have heard about the muslim and Jewish views on end times is second hand so i cannot comment.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Judgment Day: --- ["When then Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.

Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for from the foundation of the world:
--- for I was hungry and you gave Me food;
--- I was thirsty and you gave Me drink;
--- I was a stranger and you took Me in;
--- I was naked and you clothed Me;
--- I was sick and you visited Me;
--- I was in prison and you came to Me

Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?

The King will answer and say to them, 'assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethern, you did it to Me.'

Then He will also say to those on the the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: --- for I was hungry and you gave Me no fool;
--- I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
--- I was a stranger and you did not take Me in,
--- I was naked and you did not clothe ME,
--- I was sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.
Then they also will answered Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thristy or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?

Then He will answer them, saying, 'assuredly I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'

"And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life"]

As you can see here, the judgment has nothing to do with what religion you belong to, but it has everything to do with love.

The Way of the Lord, is to love your neighbor as you love yourself in deed and truth.

Peace be with you, Paul

Hey Undecided,
I have always been a "fan" of your posts (usualy in the political threads).... Now as to the signs of the "Great Battle" or Armageddon in Islam,( I am a Muslim) Allah Almighty and Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him did prophesize about the great battle of Armageddon. Prophet Muhammad gave signs of its occurrence, but neither he or Allah Almighty say that we Muslims will win it. The actual promised victory is when Jesus peace be upon him comes back to earth to fight the Anti-Christ and all of the evil on earth after the occurrence of the "Great Battle" or Armageddon. Depending on how the Muslims' status will be, we might actually win Armageddon because Allah Almighty told the People of Israel "It may be that your Lord may (yet) show Mercy unto you; but if ye revert (to your sins), We shall revert (to Our punishments): And we have made Hell a prison for those who reject (all Faith). (The Noble Quran, 17:8)", or we(muslims) might actually lose it due to our self-corruptions and corrupted governments from monarchies and dictatorships: Narrated Thauban: "The Prophet peace be upon him said: 'The nations shall gather and team up against you (i.e., Muslims) as the predators gather and team up against their preys. A questioner asked: 'Is it because of us being low in numbers at that day?' The Prophet replied: 'No, you that day shall be in great numbers, but you will be as powerless as the foam of the water on the surface of the river, and Allah shall remove any fear from your enemies toward you, and He shall put in your hearts a corruption.' A questioner asked: 'O Apostle of Allah, what is the corruption?' The Prophet replied: 'The love of life's amusements and the fear of death.' (Translation of Sunan Abu Dawud, The Book of Fierce Battles - The Gathering of all Nations against Islam, Book 37, Number 4297)" As long as the Muslims are cowards and fear to rise up against their corrupted governments, Allah Almighty will never help them to regain their wealth and independence. As long as the Muslim fear to rise up against the evil of their infidel governments because they love life too much, they shall always be the needy people despite what Allah Almighty gave them from Wealth, Natural Resources, Beautiful Religion, Morals and Culture, and Geography, and Allah Almighty shall always let the enemies of the Muslims be fearless of them and always gather up against them "as the predators gather and team up against their preys" as clearly prophesized by Prophet Muhammad above, because He the Almighty said in the Noble Quran:

"Because God will never change the grace which He hath bestowed on a people until they change what is in their (own) souls: and verily God is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:53)"

Now fighting this oppresion doesnt mean thru violence neccessarily but through passiveness(sp?)....hope this helps :m:

Thanks for that surenderer:

Prophet Muhammad gave signs of its occurrence, but neither he or Allah Almighty say that we Muslims will win it. The actual promised victory is when Jesus peace be upon him comes back to earth to fight the Anti-Christ and all of the evil on earth after the occurrence of the "Great Battle" or Armageddon.

We Followers of the Messiah Jesus believe He shall return and destroy the army of the Anti-Christ (an Army of 200 million soldiers) But one thing confuses me about your stated belief.

Where is Jesus returning from?

Will the Messiah return in a physical body?

Does not the islamic faith reject the resurrection of Jesus from the dead and His assention bodily into heaven? If so then He cannot return physically from heaven.

Or will the Messiah Jesus be reborn on earth like a normal human and grow up like all other people? If this is the case then islam believes in re-incarnation because that is what a reborn Messiah would be re-incarnated, this is a hindu belief is it not?

Or will God raise Jesus from His grave? (i do not believe Jesus has a grave)

So what is it? Will the Messiah return from heaven in a body or like a Spirit?
Will his bones be resurrected from the ground where He was buried. (for i am sure that islam teaches that Jesus died a death like other normal men and his body was buried in the earth?) Will He be born again from another mother and thus be re-incarnated?

All praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar said:
Thanks for that surenderer:

We Followers of the Messiah Jesus believe He shall return and destroy the army of the Anti-Christ (an Army of 200 million soldiers) But one thing confuses me about your stated belief.

Where is Jesus returning from?

Will the Messiah return in a physical body?

Does not the islamic faith reject the resurrection of Jesus from the dead and His assention bodily into heaven? If so then He cannot return physically from heaven.

Or will the Messiah Jesus be reborn on earth like a normal human and grow up like all other people? If this is the case then islam believes in re-incarnation because that is what a reborn Messiah would be re-incarnated, this is a hindu belief is it not?

Or will God raise Jesus from His grave? (i do not believe Jesus has a grave)

So what is it? Will the Messiah return from heaven in a body or like a Spirit?
Will his bones be resurrected from the ground where He was buried. (for i am sure that islam teaches that Jesus died a death like other normal men and his body was buried in the earth?) Will He be born again from another mother and thus be re-incarnated?

All praise The Ancient Of Days

Hey Adstar,

According to Islam, Jesus never died on the cross, nor ever wanted to die on the cross, nor ever was born to die on the cross. Muslims believe that Jesus was sentenced to death, and people thought that he got executed on the cross. The Holy Quran rejects this idea, and claims that it is a false one

4:156-159 "That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge; That they said (in boast): 'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.' But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjunction to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.

The Quranic teaching is that Christ was not crucified nor killed by the Jews, not with standing certain apparent circumstances which produced that illusion in the minds of some of his enemies; that disputations, doubts, and conjectures on such matters are vain; and that he was taken up to Allah Almighty. I may be wrong but isnt it even true that the writers of the Gospels "Fled" and never even saw the "crucifixtion" itself? I have heard some say that it was Judas who was killed for trying to betray Jesus....<shrug> I admit there is a difference of opinion as to the exact interpretation of this verse. The words are: The Jews did not kill Jesus, but Allah raised him up (rafa'ahu...in Arabic) to Himself. Some people hold that Jesus did not die the usual human death, but still lives in the body in heaven, which is the generally accepted Muslim view. Another hold that he did die but not when he was supposed to be crucified, and that is being "raised up" unto Allah means that instead of being disgraced as a malefactor, as the Jews intended, he was on the contrary honoured by Allah Almighty as His Messenger. The same word (rafa'a) is used in association with honour in connection with Al Mustafa (Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him). ....peace to you :m:

The end times will only come if Frodo Baggins fails to throw the ring into the fires of Mount Doom. Run little Hobbit, run...

surenderer said:
Hey Adstar,

According to Islam, Jesus never died on the cross, nor ever wanted to die on the cross, nor ever was born to die on the cross. Muslims believe that Jesus was sentenced to death, and people thought that he got executed on the cross. The Holy Quran rejects this idea, and claims that it is a false one

4:156-159 "That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary A grave false charge; That they said (in boast): 'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.' But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjunction to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.

The Quranic teaching is that Christ was not crucified nor killed by the Jews, not with standing certain apparent circumstances which produced that illusion in the minds of some of his enemies; that disputations, doubts, and conjectures on such matters are vain; and that he was taken up to Allah Almighty. I may be wrong but isnt it even true that the writers of the Gospels "Fled" and never even saw the "crucifixtion" itself? I have heard some say that it was Judas who was killed for trying to betray Jesus....<shrug> I admit there is a difference of opinion as to the exact interpretation of this verse. The words are: The Jews did not kill Jesus, but Allah raised him up (rafa'ahu...in Arabic) to Himself. Some people hold that Jesus did not die the usual human death, but still lives in the body in heaven, which is the generally accepted Muslim view. Another hold that he did die but not when he was supposed to be crucified, and that is being "raised up" unto Allah means that instead of being disgraced as a malefactor, as the Jews intended, he was on the contrary honoured by Allah Almighty as His Messenger. The same word (rafa'a) is used in association with honour in connection with Al Mustafa (Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him). ....peace to you :m:

Ok So muslims believe Jesus ascended bodily into heaven. Thanks for that serenderer that clears thing up for me.

I assume islam teaches that the Messiah will return in the same manner.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Back