Judgement day

daktaklakpak

God is irrelevant!
Registered Senior Member
What if the Bible includes a line saying that you, your children, your grand children, your grand grand children, and so on won't live to see the Judgement Day for the next few thousand years? Would the people in the past still believe in God that firmly?

Originally posted by daktaklakpak
What if the Bible includes a line saying that you, your children, your grand children, your grand grand children, and so on won't live to see the Judgement Day for the next few thousand years? Would the people in the past still believe in God that firmly?

1) The Bible also condones child sacrifice.

2) No one, past, present, or future will see Judgment Day.

3) Their spirits live eternally as the One Spirit of God.

Their spirits live eternally as the One Spirit of God.
Oh great... God is planning on eating our souls. Whoopie.
THATS why he made the universe. Snack food.

That's why the Bible doesn't tell us the exact date of God's intervention in human affairs. Because it's information we couldn't handle. The Bible says the end will come like a thief in the night.

Re: Re: Judgement day

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
1) The Bible also condones child sacrifice.

Leviticus 20:2 (and elsewhere)
"Say to the Israelites: 'Any Israelite or any alien living in Israel who gives [sacrifices] any of his children to Molech must be put to death. The people of the community are to stone him. 3 I will set my face against that man and I will cut him off from his people; for by giving his children to Molech, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.

2) No one, past, present, or future will see Judgment Day.
you say, 'I am innocent; he is not angry with me.' But I will pass judgment on you because you say, 'I have not sinned.'

Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

(Jer. 2:35, John 5:22, 2 Cor. 5:10)

John 17
1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: 2"Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

He is the God of today, tomorrow and yesterday. I believe they would still believe in God that firmly. He is present in our lives every day, not just for Judgement Day.

MW, for the most part I do agree with you, and you sound like you agree with Sufism ideology, but can you explain to me what is the motivation to believe or do good or in that matter even be, if we are all going to be equally death with as one spirit of god.

Originally posted by chalcedony
He is the God of today, tomorrow and yesterday. I believe they would still believe in God that firmly. He is present in our lives every day, not just for Judgement Day.
What if something that I promised will not happen in thousands of years, do you still have hope in my promise? For example, a nearby binary star system will colide in 20 millions years and wipe out all lives within 1000 light year radius, and solar system is within that range. Do you still worry about it? Do you still firmly believe in me? Think about it, if in the old days, people knew something that God promised won't happen for a long long time, would they still have the same faith?

Re: Re: Re: Judgement day

Originally posted by Flores
MW, for the most part I do agree with you, and you sound like you agree with Sufism ideology, but can you explain to me what is the motivation to believe or do good or in that matter even be, if we are all going to be equally death with as one spirit of god.

It's not a matter of being equal in death, it's a matter of being equal in life. There really is no such thing as "death." What we call "death" is simply a transition of the body. The spirit doesn't leave the body, the body leaves the spirit. The spirit is the same past, present, future. It's only for a short time (+ or - 70 years) that our spirit is contained within a a mortal (as opposed to eternal) and corrupt (meaning it decays) physical body. What good would it be if we were all equal in death but not equal in life? That seems to be the way it is now, but the reality of it is, we're equal in life, too, in God's "eyes." It's the man-made religions that have caused this inequality among the human race. Does this answer your question?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement day

Does this answer your question?

For the most part yes. I also believe that we are all equal in life, but I still believe that the hell heaven concept exist. Not in a physical sense but in a spiritual sense. Meaning, an emptly spirit is going to experience hell ourside of our earth suit because that soul has no value except for the earth suit that it was using. A spiritual soul has all the value it needs with or without the earth suit and thus is in heaven to know that it's mission was satisfied. So I believe that judgement will take place and punishment and reward will be given....Not by another Master in heaven, but due to our internal makeup that's designed to judge itself.

Re: Re: Re: Judgement day

What if something that I promised will not happen in thousands of years, do you still have hope in my promise? For example, a nearby binary star system will colide in 20 millions years and wipe out all lives within 1000 light year radius, and solar system is within that range. Do you still worry about it? Do you still firmly believe in me? Think about it, if in the old days, people knew something that God promised won't happen for a long long time, would they still have the same faith?

God's timetable is not an issue for me. I still have His promise of eternal life whether Judgement Day happens tomorrow, 20 years from now, or thousands of years from now. My love of the Lord is not dependent on Judgement Day. It is dependent on His love for me, and all of mankind, and His tremendous gift of salvation.

The key word is fulfilment. The promise (or covenant) creates a "space" within which many fulfilments can be experienced that reaffirm the promise (often contained in the words of prophets), but doesn't necessarily completely fulfill it (hence "prophetic"). Prophesies would not have existed if God's promises were not experienced to be maintained, because there would simply be no reason to expect anything to "hold" - there would be no hope of fulfilment.

But a Messiah came to be expected, as well as Judgment, God's kingdom, etc. The Bible contains those events which confirm, clarify or establish God's will - in the times of prophets, kings and priests who uphold His covenants. Almost none of the prophets in the Old Testament were listened to or accepted in their own lives, but their (actually, God's) words remain until they became true (are fulfilled).

Incidentally, when Jesus as King established God's kingdom, and the temple (God's presence) in our hearts (that by which you live and have life), by extension Christians have become "keepers of the covenant": priests and prophets themselves. The keepers of the covenant of condemnation (the Laws of Moses) are Israel - God's chosen people. But when the law as covenant was fulfilled by Jesus, God established a new covenant of salvation (as prophesied by Micah and others). Justice is the fulfilment of the Law, but mercy is is greater than justice. (Zechariah 7:9 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.'")

Last edited:
Back