Judaism/Christian/Islamic Mythology

Trilairian

Registered Senior Member
I was thinking of including this in the thread where I show that Christianity is a copycat of Egyptian based paganism:
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=48811
but then decided it was getting lengthy and this deserved its own thread. I'll keep this one more brief for now but may add information as I continue in my research. I've read the Bible old and New testaments and a sizable chunk of the Koran. The relevance of Islamic belief is that the Koran in part contains summaries of bible stories. The Christians base their beliefs loosely on the Bible though some will claim solely and the Torah of Judaism is basically the intro chunk of the Bible. The mythology of all three is therefore to a good degree rooted in the old testament and so all of them would be disproven should it be shown as I will to not be true. According to the bible myths Abraham born in Ur which is in Iraq goes to Egypt whose descendents there were called Israel(fighters for El). El was a name for one of the Jewish gods prior to the advent of monotheism and is the root of Allah. His descendents undergo a massive exodus from Egypt under Moses who is the prophet for another of their gods Jehovah which in hindsight seems to actually be reference to the union between the male and female gods Iovey and Shekenah. Leadership of Israel passes from Moses to Joshua who is commanded by Jehovah to commit Genocide and ethnic cleansing of the Canaanite land not to be paralleled again until Hitler. Early archeologists used the bible as a historical guide in explaining their findings. Not to exaggerate to greatly its like they would find a metal bolt on mount Ararat and claim that the arc was discovered. One of the sites they had heralded as biblical was finding the city of Jericho where the walls had fallen. The problem is that recent findings have proven the biblical account to be an utter fabrication. For example the walls were built twice at Jericho but both fell at times that predate the time that Joshua was supposed to have been on his warpath, the latter by almost 200 years. As it turns out (THANK GOD!) there actually was no such genocide war. The Canaanites that the Israelites supposedly slaughtered are actually the ancestors of the Israelites and the Arabs. The complete fabrication of the old testament history seems to have been written in a large part either by King Josiah or by his political campaign. It seems they collected up folk tales and compiled them into a bible version of the past with a political twist. King Josiah was asserting Judah's independence from Babylon and it seems he felt he needed a Divine deed to the land. So he sets up these covenants between Abraham and his god and Israel and their god on down the line decreeing that the land belong to them. In order to ensure that people don't decent he throws in the threat of stories where those that don't worship the national god die harshly and are to be cast aside. The sad thing is that as people more widely continue to discover that the bible is false they may use it to weaken modern Israels political claim to the land they now have, when the truth is that since they are actually the descendents of the Canaanites, the original inhabitants of the land they should have just as much a right to it as anyone.

Ironically, it appears, the Jews and the Palestinians are genetically more closely related than most other cultures of the world who are neighbors.

On a side note, I'd have to say that your post would be more readible and, perhaps have received more replies had you included a couple of paragraphs within it. Though I find the text itself interesting and worthy of a point of discussion. Perhaps you would consider editing the post and breaking it up a bit?

Recent archaeological evidence does, indeed, suggest that there was no genocide in what was considered to be Canaan. There also is no archaeological evidence of a wandering population of people (there were alleged to be thousands with their livestock and possessions wandering the deserts of the Levant for 40 years).

There is, however, evidence of many scattered settlements in the region of inhabitants who appeared to lack any domestication of swine. I won't go into detail, but the archaeological remains of pigs is very distinct and the lack of it is significant when excavating a site. It is acutally looked for because a very good seriation exists of pig dentition that can be used in relative dating of the site.

You are also correct in that the archeaological evidence of Jericho is inconsistent with the biblical accounts of its existence.

The interesting thing about biblical mythology is the same thing that is interesting in any culture's mythology. Unfortunately, the world is infected with the mind virus that we call Christianity and an objective perspective of this mythology is impaired. But, as all good myths contain, biblical myths present 1) a strong messae 2) a foundation in actual belief, and 3) a meaningful message.

Even modern myths, which we often refer to as "urban legends," fit this mold. Take the story of the man who goes to a convention, meets an impossibly beautiful woman, gets intoxicated, takes her to his room for a night of sex, and wakes up naked in a bathtub of ice with a note to call 911 ASAP -as his kidney has been removed.

Back