Joeman Meets the Mormons

Why am I a hick all in a sudden? What did I do to deserve that? Come on.

Just a joke about what is portayed as the typical Republican, you know the G.W. type. :)

I can take any jokes as long as it's funny.

I'm glad, I thought you might find it funny with everyone jumping down your back about your support for Bush.

interesting. we have a mormon in our presence.
I'm Mormon.
Gifted, i must say that your religion confuses me a lot. quite....creepy. well, here are two stories:

1) a friend of mine told me that while vacationing in salt lake city, he and his family, like any other american family, decided to go out to a movie on a wednesday night (or sunday, sat? i dont know, holy mormon night is when he went out, whatever that is) anyway, apparently there were no people at all in the movie theater. only one lone ticket-sales guy, who accosted them demanding to know why they werent at home on a (insert holy mormon day of the week here) night. quite strange.
2)even weirder, someone else told me about how his sister apparently was dating a mormon. everything about him and their relationship seemed pretty normal for several months, until he asked her to marry him. apparently, at this point in time he became quite adamant about it, and tried coaxing her into joining his church, waxing on about how each one of us is 'made of the sands' or something. needless to say, she ran, although he did get quite abusive.

whats up with tales such as these? are you guys really a cult?

sorry gifted but i don't have a lot of simpathy for you

after all did you defend catholics when everyone says catholics are evil?

well i used to be a catholic and i just laughed when they tried to insult my religion

learn to laugh at yourself

it makes life much better

Thanks Gifted ...

Some really decent free cards ... And you can replace
the greetings with something meaningful.

Take care ;)

We are NOT a cult. As for your tales, I can say that you are justified in being confused. As you can imagine, some people don't take their religion as seriously as others. Some people think that they can take just what they like, and still call themselves Mormon, but while their name is on the church roles...

I have no clue what he was saying to your sister, Ubermich, I've never heard that, but that sort of thing(Trying to get a girl/boy-friend to convert before marriage) does happen.

by Asgard:
after all did you defend catholics when everyone says catholics are evil?

So I'm supposed to defend other religions? I say let a Catholic defend Catholics. As I know next to nothing about them, I couldn't do a good job anyway.

Having been forced to take a new look at this thread, I suppose the movie insults Joeman more than Mormons, but I must say, our missionaries don't walk around in halter tops, and they call our church by the correct name(which, if that had been done, almost nobody who doesn't know a Mormon would have known what was being talked about).

I suppose that's the big thing. You didn't portray the missionary properly.

I must ask, have you ever had the discussions?

i AM (well was) a catholic

now i am descraced because of the actions of the most recent ach of Melbourne

so i am agnostic

and i have NO clue what i was writing cause i am RFEALLY drunk

youre disgraced bc of the actions of one clergyman in australia, and so you quit the church?

hmmm, well, i guess when i get a job, if im "disgraced by the actions" of my coworker whos a slob, ill quit the place and have nothing to do with it ever again.

shit, everyone knows the church IS the imperfect humans who run it.

Back