Joe Firmage - follow-up?

Dave Horne

Registered Member
Hi, have there been any follow-ups of the original article about Joe Firmage that appeared several years ago (I think) in Time magazine?

Thanks, Dave Horne

Banshee quoted Joe's 40 questions on this forum. If anybody has any answers or what Joe is upto lately, please post

Here is a quote by Firmage from Salon magazine. For full articles go to salon.com

One of the things that gets lost if you just read the press articles of the era is that the press put a lot of words in my mouth that I didn't say. I never said I was definitely visited by an extraterrestrial -- those were not my words, but the words of half a dozen writers who then imprinted them on the rest of the public.

What I did say is that I woke up one morning and experienced the appearance of a human-like figure in my room. And we proceeded to have a conversation about space travel. And five minutes later he was gone. Was it my future self? Was it an extraterrestrial, or the consciousness of one? Was it a sleep paralysis episode? Or was it simply a bad potato? I do not know. I do not know. People way overinterpreted that statement. It was like one paragraph in a 600-page work that touched on the real issues, which are in fact very much meat-and-potatoes scientific questions. I've gotten just a lot clearer about those issues in the intervening two years.

Back