Jesus (Isa) A.S. in Islam, and his Second Coming!

Mohammed Hamza

Registered Member
I. Jesus (A.S.) In Islam

Muslims do believe that Isa (A.S.) was sent down as a Prophet of Allah (God), but he (Jesus) is not God or Lord, nor the son of God. Muslims do not believe that Isa (A.S.), also known as Jesus by Christians and others, is dead or was ever crucified. We believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world. Like Jesus (A.S.), Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is also a Prophet and Messenger. Muhammed (P.B.U.H.) is the last Prophet, though, and there is none after him. Hence, Islam is the last religion, complete, with the Holy Qur'an as the unchanged and perfect word of God for over 1400 years, as God promised to preserve it till the last day for all of humankind, unlike sacred texts of other religions which have mulitple versions and are "revised" periodically. God, or Allah in Arabic, is Divine and Supreme Being and Creator.

What the Holy Qur'an says about Jesus:

They slew him not, nor did they crucify him but it was made dubious to them.
(Holy Qur'an, Surah Nisaa, Verse 157)

Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) himself told of the coming of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him). In the Bible, Jesus (A.S.) says,

If you love me, Keep my commandments. And I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another comforter that he may abide with you forever.
(Bible, John 14-15/16)

But when the comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me, and he also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
(Bible, John 15-26/27)

I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the spirit of Truth will come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall speak not of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that he shall speak, and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me, for he shall receive of mine, and he shall show it unto you.
(Bible, John 16-12/14)

Ulema (learned scholars in Islam) have said that the person who is described by Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) to come after him - in the above verse - does not comply with any other person but Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

In this case, the "comforter" he mentions is none other than Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his laws and way of life (Shariah) and Book (Holy Qur'an) are those that Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) asks his followers to abide by.

The "person" whom Jesus (A.S.) prophecised will come after him, is called Pargaleeta in the Bible . This word was deleted by interpreters and translators and changed at times to "Spirit of Truth" and at other times, to "comforter" and sometimes "Holy Spirit." The original Greek and its meaning is "one whom people praise exceedingly." The sense of the word, then, is applicable to the word Muhammad in Arabic, since Muhammad means "the praised one."

Jesus (A.S.) also says in the Bible,

... and a little while and you shall not see me; and again a little while, you shall see me because I go to the Father.
(Bible, John 16:16)

... and the Holy Qur'an says,

And surely they slew him not. But Allah (God) raised him unto Himself.
(Holy Qur'an, Surah Nisaa, Verse 157-158)

As such, Muslims believe that Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) was raised to heaven. According to Hadith, he is on the second heaven. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam=Peace be upon him) mentioned, "During the Meraj (Ascension), I met Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) on the second heaven. I found him of medium stature, reddish white. His body was so clean and clear, that it appeared as though he had just performed ghusal (ablution, cleansing of the entire body) and come." In another Hadith, Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) mentioned to the Jews that, " Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) is not dead, he will most surely return to you before Qiyamat (the Day of Judgement)."

Mohammed Hamza - as GeoffP has already pointed out - preaching is not permitted. Do you have a point of contention or discussion regarding this/these passages?

Indeed - preaching is not permitted:

Sciforums - Rules, posting guidelines and advice to members (summary)

Sciforums is an intelligent community that encourages learning and thoughtful discussion. We expect and welcome contributions that inform as well as stimulate discussion and debate. At its foundation, sciforums focused on discussion of Science. As the forum developed, our interests broadened to include Philosophy and Ethics, Religion, World Events and Politics and other topics. However, we retain in all areas of debate an ethos of respect for the scientific method, which demands critical analysis, clear thinking and evidence-based argument. Vigorous debate is expected, but we expect all participants to treat each other with courtesy and basic good manners, and to abide by reasonable standards of intellectual integrity and honesty.

Contributions to sciforums inevitably reflect the personal views of the members. As a result, from time to time, one side of any given debate may be over-represented. Readers should not conclude that we therefore endorse one side over the other. While we welcome contributions that reflect the diverse range of perspectives and experiences of our members, we do not believe in an unlimited right to free speech. Rather, we seek to provide a welcoming environment conducive to the critical examination of topics of discussion.

This post is a summary of the most important rules and posting guidelines that we expect members to follow. For much more complete information, refer to the long-form rules in the following posts.

Posting and moderation
Posting on sciforums is a privilege, not a right. All material published on sciforums is at the discretion of the moderator team. Moderation may include editing, moving or deletion of posts or threads. Moderator actions are usually documented in some way, though members may not be contacted personally. The forum rules and guidelines are enforced at the discretion of the moderators. Sciforums is moderated bearing in mind the stated aims and ethos of the forum; we will not be bound by the letter of the rules as written, but by the spirit of the rules.

When posting:
  • Start new threads in the appropriate subforum.
  • Do not cross-post.
  • Post on-topic. Avoid going off on a tangent - if you have to, start a new thread.
  • Post personal information at your own risk.
  • Be aware that you may be held legally liable for material you post.
  • Be aware that your posts may remain on sciforums for years to come.
  • Post clearly and coherently.
  • Support your arguments with evidence.
  • Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence.
  • Avoid logical fallacies.
  • Do not breach copyright laws.
  • Do not post private messages to the public forums.
  • Do not expect members to do your homework for you.
Feedback and complaints
  • Post general feedback in the Site Feedback subforum.
  • Post matters of general interest regarding site policies and moderation in the Open Government subforum.
  • Complaints about individual moderators should be directed to administrators using Personal Messaging. Do not post them in the public forums.
  • To report breaches of the site rules, use the 'report' button on offending posts.
Netiquette
  • Abide by basic standards of good manners and courtesy. Remember the human who is reading your post.
  • Do not insult or harass other members.
  • Avoid engaging with members with whom you have a personality clash.
  • Beware of the potential for discussions to become heated - particularly religious and political discussions.
  • Do not flame other members.
  • Do not engage in ad hominem attacks (i.e. attack the argument, not the person).
  • Avoid straw-man arguments.
Behaviour that may get you banned
  • Personal attacks on another member, including name-calling.
  • Threats.
  • Stalking.
  • Flaming.
  • Hate speech.
  • Posting another member's private information without explicit consent.
  • Posting gratuitous comments or images of an obscene, sexual, violent or graphic nature.
  • Excessive profanity.
  • Repeated off-topic posting.
  • Plagiarism.
  • Knowingly posting false or misleading information.
  • Spamming or advertising.
  • Posting on behalf of a banned member.
  • Trolling.
  • Repetitive or vexatious posting.
  • Interfering with moderation.
  • Propaganda, preaching, proselytising or evangelising.
  • Being a repeat-offending drain on moderator time and effort.

Ok... I understood,
It will never happen again... Everyone should abide by d rules and so should I

Last edited:
Allah wills it, and Nabi Isa concurs.
My saying 'it will never happen again' means 'I'll never post the article which violates the site rules'.
It doesn't means that what I've posted is false....
it is 100 % true and it will going to happen some day but no one knows the exact time..... but the sign which the world is showing tells that it will going to happen soon...

it is 100 % true and it will going to happen some day but no one knows the exact time..... but the sign which the world is showing tells that it will going to happen soon...
I was wondering how much time we have, so could you tell us what soon means. Soon is such a relative term. If we are talking about a span of 1500 years (about how long your religion has been around) then within 50 years would be soon I guess. If we are talking about the age of the earth then within 5 million years would be soon. If we are talking about the life time of person then within about 1 year would be soon.

I was wondering how much time we have, so could you tell us what soon means. Soon is such a relative term. If we are talking about a span of 1500 years (about how long your religion has been around) then within 50 years would be soon I guess. If we are talking about the age of the earth then within 5 million years would be soon. If we are talking about the life time of person then within about 1 year would be soon.

They've been saying soon for over 1000 years. Christians have said soon for over 1500 years. IF religion is yet here then, they will probably say soon 3500 years from now.

Wow it's good that I posted gods existence in a religion post as a follow up on the theory of everything didn't know preaching is unacceptable here

The word soon is referring since there were prophets coz it is known that all prophets or at least the prophets of the three religions knew about yam al qeyama or day of resurrection and that has been since a very long time and the signs that happened are many meaning that day of resurrection is soon enough

The word soon is referring since there were prophets coz it is known that all prophets or at least the prophets of the three religions knew about yam al qeyama or day of resurrection and that has been since a very long time and the signs that happened are many meaning that day of resurrection is soon enough

Soon enough for who?

Soon enough for origin I suppose

Back