Jesus in India &/or China?

W

WildBlueYonder

So what do some people believe? That Jesus supposedly went to India &/or China to learn either Hinduism &/or Buddhism, then went back to Israel to impart this wisdom? So how would it happen?
1. you would need to travel long distances to go to India &/or China from Israel (not unheard of at the time),
2. you need someone that understands one of the Indian &/or Chinese languages or a bilingual teacher (not unheard of), &
3. a means of support (also, not unheard of)

So, without a shred of evidence, except recent books, do people really believe that, that Jesus went to India &/or China?

Let’s use a little ‘Occams Razor’ here, remember it goes something like this, “A problem should be stated in its basic and simplest terms. In science, the simplest theory that fits the facts of a problem is the one that should be selected.” (from http://www.2think.org/occams_razor.shtml), so, what do you think? What are the facts? What are your conclusions? Comments?

ahh i remember you
do you have the link for a previous thread that dealt with this topic?
a wealth of info in there;) you and i participated

btw
occam is for dullards and simpletons

Originally posted by spookz
btw
occam is for dullards and simpletons

You know spookz, I think this is overstated but your point is valid. People try to use Occams Razor as if it were a scientific principle. Its not. It is a rule of thumb that predates modern physics.

"Anyone who understands QM hasn't studied it long enough"
Feynman.

On second thought, I agree. QM was the end of Occam as a tool of reason.

To use Occam's Razor as a scientific argument is pseudoscience pure and simple.

Kudos!

Originally posted by spookz
ahh i remember you
do you have the link for a previous thread that dealt with this topic?
a wealth of info in there;) you and i participated
not finished, I wanted to see if more evidence had surfaced.

BTW, did you know that aside from Christian sources, Jesus is never mentioned in contempory Jewish, Roman, Aramean or Greek sources? So, why would he be mentioned in Indian or Chinese ones? Could be, that they are spurious? Added by later wishful thinkers? They had 2 wars, Rome vs. the Jews, but that thorough a burning?

Originally posted by Randolfo

BTW, did you know that aside from Christian sources, Jesus is never mentioned in contempory Jewish, Roman, Aramean or Greek sources? So, why would he be mentioned in Indian or Chinese ones? Could be, that they are spurious? Added by later wishful thinkers? They had 2 wars, Rome vs. the Jews, but that thorough a burning?

Jesus never existed MORON. :D Are you saved by Jesus TOO?? hahah

If I remember correctly I first heard of the Jesus in the Orient theory to account for some supposedly missing years about 15 years ago. Don't remember much about it. It would be interesting to hear more. The trouble with getting older is that everything starts to feel like a retread.

Originally posted by Randolfo

Its funny how people have no problem understanding that Hercules or Athena or Zeus etcetera were mythical – but as soon as you do the logical and add Jesus to the pantheon and whoa – the brain does out the window. The simplest answer is that Jesus was/is a myth. I believe some early Christian sects had absolutely no problem understanding Jesus as a myth so so why should you?

Back