Jesus & Barabbas?

According to the Bible, there was Jesus Barabbas and the other was Jesus called christ- two separate people.

Jesus & Barabbas

Originally posted by heart
----------
According to the Bible, there was Jesus Barabbas and the other was Jesus called christ- two separate people.
----------
(But they were both conveniently in the same place at the same time--they were both inprisoned and about to be crucified. That's just too concidental if you ask me. "Barabbas" means "son of the father.")

Jesus not on the cross

Originally posted by heart
----------
Interesting, I had never thought about that before. Due to your question I did a search on Google and found a site that you might find interesting.

http://www.tirzah.freeserve.co.uk/l... behalf of Jesus, but was not Jesus himself.)

hicne amicior sit

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus or Immanuel?

Originally posted by Crushing Belial
----------
Jesus was a common name.
----------
(But the Bible says, "...and you shall call his name 'Immanuel.'" So was 'Jesus' a nick-name?)

What's in a name?

Originally posted by Crushing Belial
----------
Well in Hebrew his name is Yeshua it means salvation thats the name i use when i pray and Yaweh for father God.
----------
(What's Jesus' name in Aramaic? Isn't Yahweh the same as YHWH and Jehovah? Isn't that also the Hebrew word for "serpent?" Aren't the Hebrew words for "serpent" and "Eve" the same word "YHWH?")

devsne serpens est
serpensne faemina est

DEVSNE FAEMINA EST

LOL

Originally posted by Redoubtable
----------
devsne serpens est
serpensne faemina est

DEVSNE FAEMINA EST
----------
(And your point would be?)

LOL [/B][/QUOTE]

Acer res

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
And your point would be?
acer res nuntiatvm electvm ex tva verba me est

nvncne hoc qvod ridebatvr me vides . . . :bugeye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What's in a name?

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
(What's Jesus' name in Aramaic? Isn't Yahweh the same as YHWH and Jehovah? Isn't that also the Hebrew word for "serpent?" Aren't the Hebrew words for "serpent" and "Eve" the same word "YHWH?")
Good grief: :rolleyes:
  • Jesus' name in Aramaic would have been Yeshu, dropping the trailing 'a'.
  • Yahweh and Jehovah are representations of the Tetragrammaton.
  • The words for "serpent" (nachas) and "Eve" ('ishshaw) are not the same, nor is either the same as YHWH.

Whew, thanks, CA. I was nearly convinced faemina was deus! Geez, was I ever a fool!

You already knew that though, huh?

By the by, have you studied Aramaic or Hebrew?

Back