Jeremiah 31:31

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceAgeCivilizations

Banned
Banned
This from the prophet Jeremiah, chapter 31, verse 31 (through 34), who lived about 600 years before Jesus incarnated:

"Behold the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the Lord. But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Ushering in the New Covenant (Jesus).

Actually, the writing of a "new law in the hearts of man" is held to come in the World to Come, not Jesus.

Also, this is preaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back