Jehovah loves man's blood, he is devil.

Saint

Valued Senior Member
Judges 11

30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD : "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD 's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."
32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.
34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break."
36 "My father," she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD . Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry."
38 "You may go," he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.
From this comes the Israelite custom 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

Can you see this? What a God he is?
The little girl just died for nothing.

Exactly, dude.

I swear, I know Man didn't make that story up. Look at it...do you see a point to it? I don't. It's just a senseless murder in exchange for the blood of enemies.

There is something behind all this. There has to be. I wish there was a way to go back and see what really went on back then, because to me, this doesn't sound like a God I want to know. And if it was that easy back then, just to summon him and get his power, then why can't we do it now? Isn't the war against terrorism a noble enough cause? And let's play devils advocate here for a sec: If the terrorists happened to be right, then why isn't god on THIER side?

As much as the church talks, the Bible does not read like the story of a supreme being. It reads like a story of a superior race of beings who had some SERIOUS technology.

I agree with you.
The ten commandments ask us not to kill, however as you can see in judges 11, the so-called living God did not stop the murder.

Anyway, apologists can say that it was man who did wrong in God's name, God actually did not approve it, God just allowed it to happen in order to serve as a warning to man.:eek:

You can imagine a terrible scene where Jephthah burned his daughter to death to satisfy an Evil False God.

I was never a big religous scholar, but i thought the whole idea was love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek. Judge not lest ye be judged

That being the case Isee it not as god asking for the daughters death, but the man asking for it. He asked for help with destroying his enemies. If god had a problem with these people he would have just smote them for being evil and whatnot.

This guy judged his fellow man and then asked for help in killing them all right? Meaning he destroyed other people's families. God gave him what he wanted but also showed him what he himself had done.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Saint
Can you see this? What a God he is?
The little girl just died for nothing.

You are basing your opinion on your creator based on a book that was written so many years ago with many errors in translation, ect. Why don't you base your opinion about your creator based on his creation, yourself and your life for example. Like try to give your thanks when good things happen to you and try to ask for patience when the bad happen to you.....Forget the old book.

Not at all....I'm just putting things in prespective. God is the all living, the creator, the object of my worship. The book is not the objective of my worship, but is my guide. So God comes first, and my lack of understanding of complicated scriptures or errors in translations should not stand in the way of meeting the core essense of believing.

What make sense to me are:

1) God of bible is false, just an object of worship by ancient religion.

2) Man did evil, tried to cover up their sin with an excuse using God's name.

3) Conclusion: bible's god is false god, just like idol of pagans, unable to stop evil.

Back