Jailed at last: Pete Doherty finally locked up after breaching his probation order

lucifers angel

same shit, differant day!!
Registered Senior Member
It's about bloody time that this low life, waste of space was locked up!! Haha pete you knob!!

People like him make me sick, he loves to take drug taking one step further!

-------------------------------------

He has managed to avoid jail for four years, skipping out of his court appearances with a smile and a probation order.

But yesterday, singer Pete Doherty's luck ran out.

The Babyshambles frontman, 29, was taken to Wormwood Scrubs prison after a 30-minute hearing at West London Magistrates Court.

The judge in his case, Davinder Lacher, had spared Doherty a custodial sentence last year and gave him four weeks to prove he could stay off drugs after he was found in possession of crack, heroin, cannabis and ketamine.

The singer's extensive criminal record includes assault, possession of a flick-knife and numerous driving and drug offences.

But yesterday Judge Lacher's patience ran out, and she sentenced Doherty to 14 weeks in jail for repeatedly flouting the conditions of his probation order.

Yesterday, a source at the court confirmed that Doherty, the former boyfriend of Kate Moss, was jailed for "breach of timekeeping, unacceptable behaviour, non-compliance with his probation order and using different drugs".

Doherty's long-serving lawyer, Sean Curran, said the singer accepted the court's sentence.

He added: "Pete Doherty attended court today on a summons for breaching a condition of a suspended sentence imposed last October.

"He admitted the breach - he had missed two appointments and the judge has rescinded the conditions and has reactivated his suspended sentence, although has reduced it slightly to 14 weeks.

"Pete was okay about it. He obviously didn't want to go to prison but he was philosophical."

Mr Curran continued: "He's not an angel and he will turn up late on occasions, but he did try and he was committed to complying to the probation service."

Doherty has been to prison once before. In September 2003 - when the lead singer of The Libertines - he served two months of a six-month sentence for breaking into the flat of his band member and fellow songwriter Carl Barat.

He has appeared in court more than 15 times since 2004, but always managed to avoid serving time.

In September 2004 he was given a four-month suspended sentence after pleading guilty to carrying a flick knife.

Judges have been criticised for giving him sympathetic hearings.

In April 2007, district judge Jane McIvor gave him a £770 fine and a four-month driving ban after he drove under the influence of drugs without a licence. She also claimed to be a fan of his music.

Doherty must postpone a show he was due to play at the Royal Albert hall on April 26.

His record company EMI said: "The show is due to be rescheduled and all tickets will be valid for the new date once it has been announced."

-------------------------------------------------

you can only appear in front of a judge so many times before they send you away.

-------------------------------------------------

9936976ce9.jpg

take a notice of the cluster number of gal "bubble gum" around him :rolleyes:

He's a piece of shit, but a very talented one. Hopefully now he'll concentrate on making great records. Like Cliff Richard.

He's a piece of shit, but a very talented one. Hopefully now he'll concentrate on making great records. Like Cliff Richard.

he is talented i give you that!!

But he thought he was above the law, all because he is a star he thought he wouldnt go to jail, but hahaha tough luck pete!!

also he was suppose to get married to Kate Moss, whats going to happen to that?? and the concert they had planned for the royal albert hall, he has yet again let down hundreds of people

also he was suppose to get married to Kate Moss, whats going to happen to that?? and the concert they had planned for the royal albert hall, he has yet again let down hundreds of people
Kate finally dumped him, I think. The concert has been postponed, to take place at a later date. I assume the original tickets will be valid.

Kate finally dumped him, I think. The concert has been postponed, to take place at a later date. I assume the original tickets will be valid.

i was reading somewhere yesterday that they still plan to get married!

I wander if the prison will let him get married there

personally i wouldnt go and see him, and all those people who have got tickets to "yet again" have the concert pulled from under them, (it may not have been this concert that has been cancalled but because he is a knob, they are regulary reorganising concert dates)

Johnny Cash was never in jail.

Surprisingly, despite his outlaw image, drug addiction and "Folsom Prison Blues", he never actually served a prison sentence. He only spent brief spells in jail usually overnight for misdemeanours.
He was arrested for smuggling illegal amphetamines in his guitar case, but was only given a suspended sentence.

no your right he didnt do any hard jail time

yes really!!

[edit] Folsom Prison Blues
Cash felt great compassion for prisoners. He began performing concerts at various prisons starting in the late 1950s.[4] These performances led to a pair of highly successful live albums, Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison (1968) and Johnny Cash at San Quentin (1969).

The Folsom Prison record was introduced by a rendition of his classic "Folsom Prison Blues," while the San Quentin record included the crossover hit single "A Boy Named Sue," a Shel Silverstein-penned novelty song that reached No. 1 on the country charts and No. 2 on the U.S. Top Ten pop charts. The AM versions of the latter contained a couple of profanities which were edited out. The modern CD versions are unedited and uncensored and thus also longer than the original vinyl albums, though they still retain the audience reaction overdubs of the originals.

In addition to his performances at U.S. prisons, Cash also performed at the Österåker Prison in Sweden in 1972. The live album På Österåker ("At Österåker") was released in 1973. Between the songs, Cash can be heard speaking Swedish, which was greatly appreciated by the inmates

What?

I was just refuting cosmictraveler's bogus claim that Johnny ain't never been in no jail. Clearly he has.

Back