I've got a bomb in my shoe!

SG-N

Registered Senior Member
An Air France pilot, arrested at New York's John F Kennedy Airport over "inappropriate" remarks he is alleged to have made during a security check, has appeared before a US judge.

He is reported to have been released on $7,500 bail and an initial hearing in the case has been set for later in August.

He is charged with two counts of falsely reporting an incident and faces up to 11 years in prison. (source)
LOL... :D

No more humor?! 11 years for a joke... They are reaching some records of stupidity!
Would a terrorist say "Hi, I've got a bomb in my shoe!"? :rolleyes:

They're far more direct than that, they leave copies of the Quran, and other Arabic literature in an abandoned car.

Originally posted by Wraith
They're far more direct than that, they leave copies of the Quran, and other Arabic literature in an abandoned car.
I don't understand how it's more direct than saying that you've got a bomb before getting in the plane (in front of the policemen).

While some security measures do seem somewhat OTT, this guy was asking for trouble if he was expecting security guards to have a sense of humour after Sept 11th.

If he goes to jail, well, tough, if he's that stupid it's probably the safest place for him.

If _everybody_ was making jokes about having bombs, and security had to frisk everybody, and inspect their luggage, you'd never get checked in. So if it's not OK for everyone, it's not OK for this guy, and he gets made an example of.

What if the guy asked the question "What if I had a bomb in my shoe right now" instead of saying "I have a bomb in my shoe"? :p

Or better yet, HyperCubix, what if he said it with an inquisitive nuance? I mean, in interrogative form.

"I have a bomb in my shoe?"

Geez, this is pathetic. I don't understand how he could be charged with any crime, be it heinous felony or slight misdemeanor.
You have to be a genuinely bilious tight-ass to take something like this that sternly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, i agree, you dont need to start jailing people for such things, you just need to give htem a good going over.
A few years ago now, when i was still at school, we ha d amusic exchange trip to munich, on the way back one boy joked that he had a gun or bomb or suchlike in his luggage, he was whisked away by the efficient unhumorous german security people, and came back later white and shaking, only to be told off by the teachers for being so stupid.

Back