it's illegal, but is there a chance I can get busted?

smoking revolver
Valued Senior Member
From the title thought I'm going to start a drug business, yes?:D sorry to dissapoint you:rolleyes:

I'm going to go freelance as a webdesigner in late august. (I need to get a bank account and I can't do it without my passport, but my passport is out of date and I have no money to pay the fee for living 3 years illegal:D:bugeye: )

Anyways, the problem is that for the start I'm going to use cracked software, because I can't afford to buy one. Later when/if I get some business going that would be no big problem.
Can I really get busted for using an illegal software? I know that if I don't register as a self-employed person I don't have to bother about gov-visits, but when I do, they can come and check on me. Really a dilema.

1- should I register as a self emplayed person?
(what if I don't and they catch me advertising my services?)

2- should I then worry about gov-visits checking up on me?

I now have limited HD resources, but when I get a new pc , I'll make a two system OS and then those gov guys can go and lick their ass. I'll tell that I do everything in Linux:p

You need to look up the laws in your country. Where would you register as a self employed person? Will you start a company? Here, you can be both employed and have a business of your own, as a freelancer for example, I'm sure they have that option in your country too.
I don't think the cracked programs are anything to worry about, most start with them. :)

Back