Issues With the Law System

Yonescoh

Registered Member
Here are a few issues I thought while waking up today...

1) Ignorance of the Law is not a Defense
How many laws there are? Thousands, right? So how come it is reasonable to expect common people to know all laws? Of course, you could pay a lawyer to advise you... but how many people have that kind of money?

2) Commitment to Complience
Once finding out about a law being broken, if you agree to comply, do you still have to pay a fine or go to prison? What is the point of paying fines and going to prison when you are committed to complying?

3) Delay of Discovery (no, not that kind of discovery)
When someone breaks the law, it is not always known that the person has broken the law. There is a delay between the time when a law is broken and the time the police finds out that a law has been broken. Aren't there issues related to that time delay?

1) I believe with you on that one. I believe governements should publish some kind of yearly law book (lol) that is sent to absolutely everyone. After the first only laws which have been changed will be put in the book (people dont want 10 5000 word books cramming up there house) after a while and a lot of change (say maybe 10 years) a new issues with all laws is sent around.
2) People could commit a serious crime and then comply. Criminals would just break the law then comply. or alternatively if you say 2 strikes your out - people can just commit major fraud, comply then no more crime in their life and they walk away with £10000000s.
3) true but what can you do about it?

Here are a few issues I thought while waking up today...

Well, maybe you should think about it a little more. I'm sure with a little thought, and some minor research, you could find out all of the answers to your questions without difficulty.

Baron Max

Back