Isaiah Washington Enrolls In Counseling

Calling someone a "faggot" should lead to:

• Total voters

S.A.M.

uniquely dreadful
Valued Senior Member
Embattled "Grey's Anatomy" star Isaiah Washington has enrolled in a counseling program, according to a statement from his rep, Kelly Mullens, given to The ShowBuzz on Wednesday.

The 43-year-old actor has been under fire since he used an anti-gay slur at a Golden Globes press conference last week after the hit ABC drama received an award.

"With the support of my family and friends, I have begun counseling. I regard this as a necessary step toward understanding why I did what I did and making sure it never happens again. I appreciate the fact that I have been given this opportunity and I remain committed to transforming my negative actions into positive results, personally and professionally," the statement said.

http://www.topix.net/content/cbs/0891525227228884046602597413282491726036?threadid=NI2RHQPO9IS3EA9G

Is it just me or is this a storm in a teacup?:confused:

I voted for "some other option" - as in, no response needed.
People use the word faggot in my area without actually insinuating any hatred towards homosexuals.

He did not use an anti-gay slur! That's the problem!

The sentence included a slur, but it was a vindication. He said "I did not call ____ ____ a faggot".

This is not the same as calling "_____ ______ is a faggot".

From NPR's Day to Day, Brian Unger comments on the current rehab craze. It's a sound file, so I lack a transcript at present; to listen, click here for NPR.

Back