Isaac Newton: world ends 2060!!

haha so many end of worlds have passed, so many yet to come.

The chances are that when the end finally does occur, 'someone' somewhere would have happened to mention that same year.

the world will come to an end on the day of my death,
the judgement day is the day of my death, the day of my passing;
I think it is possible to prepare for the end of the world,
the day of one's own death; if we have been given this life, isn't
it possible that we will be given another?

"at one time the Earth was flat, to think otherwise would have been considerd foolish"

the end of the world can mean one of two things to people;

1) a violent physical destruction of the planet

2) the death of an individual

the end can mean two things;

1) death as the end of existance

2) death in the physical world, and then the rebirth or the
new birth into a different world

in these religious forums we are attempting to understand if it
is possible to be born into this world, and then born into another.

The end of the world is nigh, says dead scientist

LONDON (Reuters) - Armageddon is just 57 years away, by the calculations of Britain's most famous scientist, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on Saturday.

Sir Isaac Newton, the seventeenth century scientist and theologian, wrote thousands of pages of notes in his attempt to decode the bible and pin down the date of the apocalypse, said the article.

"But until now it was not known that he ever wrote down a final figure," Malcolm Neaum, who has produced a BBC documentary "Newton: The Dark Heretic", was quoted as saying.

"What has been coming out over the past 10 years is what an apocalyptic thinker Newton was," he added. "He spent something like 50 years and wrote 4,500 pages trying to predict when the end of the world was coming."

The handwritten manuscripts bearing Newton's calculations were discovered by researchers in a library in Jerusalem, following their sale in London to collector Abraham Yahuda in the 1930s.

Newton, who died in 1727, is best known for discovering gravity -- supposedly when an apple fell on his head -- and is credited with being the forefather of modern physics.

Source: Yahoo! News India

only god knows when the world is coming to the end specifically, not even the angels in heaven know. i personally believe that the end isnt too far off the horizon, i wouldnt be surprised if my generation experienced it or the next one did. we just have clues.

Ed,

only god knows when the world is coming to the end specifically,
How do you know that?

i personally believe that the end isnt too far off the horizon,
Why, what is your evidence?

i wouldnt be surprised if my generation experienced it or the next one did. we just have clues.
What clues?

1.it is in the bible

2.it would be too long to explain it but il summarzie it. look at our society, sin is rampant, people dont give, people reject more then ever, sinful practices are now accepted, i would elaborate but i dont have much time.

3. clues like how the world is gonna be in the etc.

Re: The end of the world is nigh, says dead scientist

Newton, who died in 1727, is best known for discovering gravity
[sarcasm]And it's a good thing he did too. Before then we had a hell of a time keeping things on the ground. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

~Raithere

"I know not what I appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell, whilest the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."
-Quoted in D Brewster, Memoirs of Newton

"In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence."
-Quoted in Des MacHale, Wisdom (London, 2002).

Source: Quotations by Newton

Remember the planetary alignment which happened back in May 2000?

If I recall correctly, that was the last time the world failed to end at the appointed time...

Back