is there a connection?

scifes

In withdrawal.
Valued Senior Member
1-when things burn they usually turn black.

2-when we eat food we "burn" it.

3-well, our uh, $#!+ is black too (mostly)..(don't know the biological term)

is there a connection?

/stifled laughter

Most likely due to the molecules structure, which has been altered due to burning, and are no longer able to absorb and transmit the wavelengths that gave it it's "color."

And you should see a doc, $#!+ isn't black. If yours is, then you're certainly suffering gastronomical complications.

No, there isn't. Faecal matter is stained brown by the liver. I'm not 100% what turns objects black when they burn, but I'm fairly sure that it's got nothing to do with bilirubin.

And you should see a doc, $#!+ isn't black. If yours is, then you're certainly suffering gastronomical complications.
:roflmao:
it's close enough, wouldn't you say?
No, there isn't. Faecal matter is stained brown by the liver. I'm not 100% what turns objects black when they burn, but I'm fairly sure that it's got nothing to do with bilirubin.
most things we see burn are basically organic.

put simply, when you burn them they become carbon.

which is black.

what does the liver do? how does it "stain" it?

what about what Q said?

most things we see burn are basically organic.

put simply, when you burn them they become carbon.

which is black.

Wrong on both counts. I suggest you do a bit of light reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combustion

what does the liver do? how does it "stain" it?

The liver produces bile which contains something called bilirubin. This is a breakdown product of various digestive reactions and (although technically being yellow in colour) stains the faeces brown.

Scifes, it's all magic. There now, don't you feel better?

is there a connection?

/stifled laughter
No.

is there a connection?

/stifled laughter
I hope you're kidding.

When we burn food it doesn't mean combustion.

Haha, I can recall my Physiology class a few weeks ago on Bile secretions, the Liver secretes Bili vurdin (If I recall correctly), which gives faceal matter its brown color.

Welcome back ! :)

Thanks, and yea I'm quite busy with studies since April, I got Board exams (External aka Very Important exam) this year, and then after that AP Exams, and then the SAT, and plus my curiosity and science which I'm learning in addition from my own interest. :D

Hopefully by next year I have good scores, and applying for Top Universities :)

Thanks, and yea I'm quite busy with studies since April, I got Board exams (External aka Very Important exam) this year, and then after that AP Exams, and then the SAT, and plus my curiosity and science which I'm learning in addition from my own interest. :D

Hopefully by next year I have good scores, and applying for Top Universities :)

Cool. Good luck :)

1) Pyrolysis which turns organic compound black DOES NOT occur in your GI track!
2) fecal matter of humans is usually brown because of Bile

We all agree on this, thread closed.

Back