Is the Church of Reggie a sacrilege?

Why?

Registered Senior Member
Ron Howard got the go ahead to produce a sitcom called "The Church of Reggie", where the main star starts a religion in his house. Is this sacrilege?

Ron Howard got the go ahead to produce a sitcom called "The Church of Reggie", where the main star starts a religion in his house. Is this sacrilege?
M*W: No, absolutely not! Why would any one false religion be any better or worse than the next false religion. Human beings long for something to belong to and to believe in, even if it is false... and they're ALL false. The only true thing to believe in is yourself.

That's the very reason it's a sacrilege. It's making fun of religion with a definite atheist bent toward them being false. What do you mean believe in yourself? Some say everything you believe has been given to you by another. You're brainwashed whether you like it or not.

Ron Howard got the go ahead to produce a sitcom called "The Church of Reggie", where the main star starts a religion in his house. Is this more televised junk?

The premise may be junk, but the sitcom could be funny. I thought Arrested Development was funny.

That's the very reason it's a sacrilege. It's making fun of religion with a definite atheist bent toward them being false. What do you mean believe in yourself? Some say everything you believe has been given to you by another. You're brainwashed whether you like it or not.
M*W: "Brainwashed" is when someone or something convinces or coerces you believe that thing which they want you to believe, whether it is true or not. I am an atheist, because I educated myself against the false beliefs of the christian religion. No one forced me to become an atheist nor did I set out to become one. I became an atheist when I learned that christianity is a religion made up of lies.

oh yeah.. arrested development was alright.. but there is alot of crap on tv that all.. looks and sounds the same.. its insane

GeoffP said:

I don't think God would be too threatened by a sitcom.

The kinder version of my point.

• • •​

Look, if the word of God can't compete with freakin' Opie, it ain't the word of God.

That's so unfair. SpongeBob and Patrick do NOT teach homosexuality to children...

That's Batman and Robin's job.

That's so unfair. SpongeBob and Patrick do NOT teach homosexuality to children...

That's Batman and Robin's job.

I think I love you.

As for the thread topic, as long as it's funny it's all good. Seeing as how there's no punishment for sacrilege if you don't believe in a religion, I don't see why not. And hey, if there are Christian broadcasting channels, why not some varying opinions?

Back