Is Talmud evil towards Goyims?

dixonmassey

Valued Senior Member
I'm wondering if Talmud indeed allows/commands Jews to be less than "friendly"with goyims. Or, it's just an imagination of "evil antisemites"? If the sentences below are resembling the truth, shall we all (goyims) avoid Jewish people just in case (if it's possible)?

-----------------------------------------------------

"the best among Gentiles should be slain"

You have permitted [Jews] to shed the blood of Gentiles. It is permitted to steal and plunder the Gentile's possessions and (it is allowed) to cheat him. Concerning the lost property of a Gentile, you say that it is forbidden to return it to him. The Gentile is suspected by the Jew of practicing fornication, adultery, and sodomy. The Jew is not allowed to make the Gentile any gift, nor is he even permitted to say, "How handsome this Gentile is"; it is permitted to you to curse and to despise [Christian] idolatry; and we are as despised in your eyes as locusts and flies.

Deception in Business
It is a grave sin to practice any kind of deception whatsoever against a Jew. Against a Gentile it is only forbidden to practice direct deception. Indirect deception is allowed, unless it is likely to cause hostility towards Jews or insult to the Jewish religion. The paradigmatic example is mistaken calculation of the price during a purchase. If a Jew makes a mistake unfavorable to himself, it is one's religious duty to correct him. If a Gentile is spotted making such a mistake, one need not let him know about it, but say "I rely on your calculation," so as to forestall his hostility in case he subsequently discovers his own mistake.

Fraud

It is forbidden to defraud a Jew by selling or buying at an unreasonable price. However, "Fraud does not apply to Gentiles, for it is written 'Do no defraud each man his brother' [the Halakhah interprets all such idioms as referring exclusively to one's fellow Jew.]

Theft and Robbery

Robbery of a Gentile by a Jew is not forbidden outright, but only under certain circumstances such as "when the Gentiles are not under our rule," but is permitted "when they are under our rule." Rabbinical authorities differ among themselves as to the precise details of the circumstances under which a Jew may rob a Gentile, but the whole debate is concerned only with the relative power of Jews and Gentiles rather than with universal considerations of justice and humanity.

Israel Shahak, Jewish History, Jewish Religion: The Weight of Two Thousand Years (London: Pluto Press, 1994), 89-90, 117 n49.

dixonmassey said:
I'm wondering if Talmud indeed allows/commands Jews to be less than "friendly"with goyims. Or, it's just an imagination of "evil antisemites"? If the sentences below are resembling the truth, shall we all (goyims) avoid Jewish people just in case (if it's possible)?

If you want alleged "refutation" of your quotes, check out these two sites:

http://www.angelfire.com/mt/talmud/

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/8815/

As for me, I think most decent sized religious groups have an "apology" to explain things. So the Jews are not different in that regard. :)

I am not interested in refutations. I just want to know if Talmud indeed has sentences I've pasted above. I do not care about excuses and interpretations.

I know several "economics" emigrants to Israel who have little or no Jewish blood and who have even less desire to accept Judaism (or any religion for that matter). They tell that Israel's state schools are super nationalist/zionist, the sense of superiority towards goyims is stuffed in kid's brains starting from 7 years or so and up. If state schools do that, I can just imagine what damage to the humanity Orthodox Jews do.

I just want to know if those phrases are real or it's another trick of evil antisemites.

Most certainly, one can justify just about anything.

Talmud
The collection of ancient Rabbinic writings consisting of the Mishnah and the Gemara, constituting the basis of religious authority in Orthodox Judaism.

Does it matter what the ancient Rabbi's wrote or what their interpretation was?
The Rabbinical writings are not the Torah, nor is the Talmud the writings of the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Samuel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Daniel etc.
Isn't there a warning about listening to what man has to say over what our Father had to say or instruct?
:D

Back